Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
easiest way to get broadband in spain on the move is via a vodaphone spain data sim card. 60 euros for 1 gig and around 1 mb speed.
Actual Vodafone ES data speed is 1.8Mb using HSDPA and your €60 / 1Gb allowance has to be used
up within 3 months or it is forfeited. It is cheaper for a casual Vodafone user to pay €2.90 per day
because you only pay the €2.90 on the days that you connect.

A.M.
Actually they support 3mbs. In reality the normal real world speed is around 1mb. If you are a casual user you can use the lower rate bonos. This is for a non-contract sim card. Your daily rate is for a spanish contract i believe? I dont see that rate on the website, what are the limitations?
I use a Spanish Vodafone pay-as-you-go sim card in a UK vodafone USB modem. In the UK (with a UK
Vodafone contract sim card) it shows a connection speed of 7.2Mb but I have never seen higher than
1.8Mb in Spain.

There are numerous 'Bono' options now:- 3 months or 200Mb = €19, 3 months or 400Mb = €39 and 3
months or 1Gb = €59. There are new options for 2009:- unlimited data for 1 week = €19, unlimited data
for 2 weeks = €39 and unlimited data for one month for €59. The 'unlimited' options do have a cap of
1Gb after which the connection is throttled at 128Kb.

The €2.90 daily rate has a cap of 15Mb after which the connection is also throttled at 128Kb.

All the above are pay-as-you-go tariffs. Hope this helps.

Mike.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.