Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
chrisweaving,

While I can appreciate you want to fly on a widebody, it's not always better. Your only option is Thomson Airways. However, they aren't operating 767's to DLM from BHX, it's 757's and 737's as far as I know. Monarch no longer operate the 767 as it was only leased and was returned to Thomas Cook a while ago. One of Thomas Cooks 767's is leased to Condor at the moment and all may be leaving soon. If TCX operate them, it's generally the Friday evening flight from MAN-DLM. Your best option is to fly from Manchester or Gatwick with TOM but I don't have the specific aircraft details for the summer schedule as yet as aircraft types vary depending on the date. 767's aren't normally used on the Wednesday flight, mainly the Monday but I won't be able to confirm anything until May.

Provisionally (so don't book based on this);
MAN-DLM-MAN (TOM272/3) on 2nd July is currently listed as an Airbus A321-200
MAN-DLM-MAN (TOM714/5) on 2nd July is currently listed as a Boeing 767-300/ER
MAN-DLM-MAN (TOM496/7) on 2nd July is currently listed as a Boeing 767-300/ER
MAN-DLM-MAN (TOM602/3) on 3rd July is currently listed as a Boeing 757-200
MAN-DLM-MAN (TOM376/7) on 4th July is currently listed as an Airbus A320-200.
MAN-DLM-MAN (TOM308/9) on 7th July is currently listed as a Boeing 757-200
MAN-DLM-MAN (TOM628/9) on 8th July is currently listed as a Boeing 737-300

Darren
Thankyou Darren, thats very helpfull....found 3 flights on thomson website going out on mondays in july, 2 in the morning and 1 in the evening which is alot cheaper.
If i book the evening flight what would you say is the odds of it being a 767?
chris
chrisweaving,

As I mentioned above, I only have a provisional list of aircraft types for those flights. I won't get the final list until about May so book at your own risk. Thomson Airways will know, it's just I haven't got the final list yet.

MAN-DLM (TOM714) is the 0700 departure - 76W
MAN-DLM (TOM496) is the 0825 departure - 76W

The other flight in the evening, 1855 departure is down as an A321-200.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.