Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
we were very disappointed in the bouganvilla both with the airtours reps and just about everything else im fairly easy to please but felt this would be an ok holiday if you have very young kids and just want to sit by the pool all day .also no air conditioning in the rooms anything i can help with just e mail me
For Arianne. What did you think to Sa Coma? We are going for a week in October staying at the Safari Park. Gail :?
Would anyone know the above or were I can get this from.

Thanks
Reservations can be contacted on: res.bouganvilla@hotelesglobales.com
hi have a guide ipicked in sa coma which lists all the hotels and email address for sacoma,cala bona and cala millor

the email address listed is reserves-bouganvilla@hotetur.com
hope that helps
Garry
Going to hte above next Tuesday.

We are staying in a 1 bedroom studio Apartment. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between as apartment and a studio apartment.

Thank you
A studio usually does not have a seperate bedroom - the bed is in the same room as the living area. Note that the rooms in Bouganvilla are small.
Myself, My husband and 15 year old son stayed at the Bouganvilla last September.
The rooms are very small and were advertised as sleeps 4! however we felt like the three of us were sleeing in the same bed because there was a bed settee either side, and a pull out bed in the middle of this with no room whatsoever to walk in between! But my policy has always been that you dont go on holiday to sleep in or live in the room!
On a lighter note we thought the hotel pool was lovely and just down the road - either a 20 minute walk or a short "bougey" train journey, the beach is beautiful and the bars and cafe's have great tasty good value food and entertainment, to come back at night either walk or grab a taxi at the bargain basement rate of E2.50 - E3.00
Hi everyone!

I have just booked a holiday here with my 3 year old, who will be 4 the time we go, for 2 weeks at the Bouganvilla apartments from 27th June 2006. I am in a studio and I hope the room is ok for just the two of us.

Does anyone have any photos of the rooms from previous holidays? I can't seem to find any in any brochures.

Sarah
You should be ok with just the 2 of you, the apartments are small, I walked around the place quite a bit during the summer for a look around. The complex itself is quite big. One or two of the room doors were open so I had a look in (from a distance) and they are small inside. My only concern was that some of the rooms are close to the entertainment section, so you may get noise from the music etc. Best to go for a higher floor overlooking the main pool if you can. Further details such as the location etc. are on my website.
When I was in sa coma in august I heard the bouganville is going A/I from next year. The bar and restuarant owners are worried because there are 2500 beds in the bouganville. The Safari Park apartments are now A/I if anybody wants it. There is a fear among the bars and restaurants all the proerties will turn A/I, it would mean Sa coma will turn into a ghost town. It was quieter than normal this august in the evening but the beach was packed every day.
Sorry,but what does A/I mean? :(
A/I means all inclusive
Oh yeah thanks :lol:

About the Studio room, are they all ensuite and have tv's?
A studio apartment is one room which is your living area and has pull out beds and another room which is your bathroom. Rooms do not come with TV's.
Oh right, where are the wardrobes and drawers to keep your clothes etc? Are they in the one room as well? Should I upgrade to a 2 bed roomed apartment?
I just stayed at the Bouganvilla for 2 weeks - 6th - 20th September,

I'm not going to hold back here,

The reps are perhaps the rudest people I have ever met,
they also do a lot of the entertainment, singing themselves, most of them being tonedeaf it doesn't make for a good night. Sa Coma town itself doesn't have much to do in the evenings, the kings head is a nice enough bar with friendly staff, it can however get very overcrowded.

For food I would recommend visiting the Bunch of grapes, it doesn't look the greatest from the outside, but the food is good, and fast if your in a hurry.

Back to the bouganvilla, the main pool is saltwater and usually freezing cold, it's a no go area on a cloudy day, I found the resort to be full of what I will call no less than scum with their chav children. our apartment was cramped - 3 of us in a one bed room apartment, I had to sleep on a pull out single sofa bed with wooden edges, not very comfortable, no TV's in the room either. Food on site was disgusting, they have a buffet restaurant which I would avoid like the plague, also an onsite 'La Tasca' with rude staff.

we found ourselves leaving Sa Coma altogether and taking buses round the island. The public transport system I found good and reliable, not very frequent however so prepare for your journey the day before.

If your planning on booking for the bouganvilla - DON'T.

If you have already booked, just make the most of it, use the smaller back pool beside the big top, it's quieter and the chav's seem to avoid it. Avoid the nightly entertainment if it comes up 'School Days' Or 'Grease' there a few good acts, like the aerobics every second tuesday and a great comedy act every second wednesday.

May god be with you!!

Andy
Oh no! That's a really bad review! I am thinking of changing to the Safari or another hotel but still not sure or I'll just cancel the holiday and go to a caravan in POrthcawl! Really confused.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.