Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
And where there are gaps in cover, you can bet your bottom dollar that either the Insurance Company concerned, or another one will come up with "additional T5 cover" at an extortionate cost to fill that gap for the worried traveller!

Cheers,
Jet
BA drops Manchester-New York

British Airways is to suspend daily flights from Manchester to New York JFK in October.

The Boeing 767 aircraft that operates the service is to be moved to Heathrow.

But the airline is to start serving New York from Gatwick with daily flights from October 27.

The new service mean that BA will fly 62 times a week from the capital to JFK as the Gatwick flights will operate in addition to 55 weekly flights from Heathrow.

The new transatlantic flights from Gatwick will operate on a four class Boeing 777, with First, Club World, World Traveller Plus and World Traveller cabins, that will be moved from Heathrow.

BA will also start new short haul routes from Gatwick this October with daily services to Oporto and Valencia.

Second daily services from Gatwick to Alicante and Turin will also be added from the end of October.

Flights to Warsaw will move from Gatwick to Heathrow at the same time.

General manager network planning Lynne Embleton said: "The new Gatwick service will give our customers even more choice when flying between London and New York.

"Not only do we already have an extensive schedule from Heathrow to both JFK and Newark but next year we will launch business-only flights from London City."

With permission from Travelmole
I heard this on the grape-vine the other day. It's now official, British Airways is London Airways! The MAN-JFK service (BA1503/2) was the only BA flight to operate from an airport outside of London. I expect American Airlines will step in and announce a MAN-JFK service in the near future.

Rumour has it Open Skies are to base a Boeing 757-200 at MAN to take over the JFK service.

Darren
Hi,
I'm flying BA to Orlando from Gatwick next month going out on BA 2037 returning on BA 2038. I see from previous posts the aircraft is likely to be a 777.
Is this correct and which version is used - 3 class or 4 class?
Also, which seats are best in Economy and World Traveller Plus?

Many thanks.
chelmer,

3 Class 777-236/ER according to my information. Seating is personal preference. Refer to the seatguru link above for more information on specific seats.

Darren
Many thanks indeed for your help, Darren.
Much appreciated.
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me. I am flying with BA from Glasgow to London and a propspective employer has booked my flights. I have recieved an email from them with the flight times and they have said I have an e-ticket for my flight. I have a sheet with reference numbers on. What does this mean? Can I just go to a check in desk and check in there? Do I have to check in online? :que
greenshoes,

An e-ticket is just that, your ticket. It's exactly the same as if you had a paper ticket of old. All you need is your booking reference number. You can either check-in online (the easiest), use a self check-in kiosk at the airport or check-in in the usual fashion at a desk. For more information, refer to BA's website.

Darren
BA have confirmed their next phase of T5 long haul movements as 5th June 2008. More information on BA's website.

Darren
Hi All

My friend is thinking of booking flights to the Caymen Islands with BA

Would all her food and drink be complimentary on this long haul flight of have the rules changed ????

Thanks

Kitten
Yippee (I'm flying BA to the Cayman Islands in 11 days!! :hyper)

:cheers
Flying to Tunis with BA on Friday from Gatwick North. The flight doesn't leave until 12.55 but due to my chaufeur's other commitments (my poor son has to get to work) I shall be arriving at the airport rather earlier than I would have wished. I will most likely check in on line and wondered how early I will be able to deposit my hold luggage in the bag drop. I'm quite happy to hang around the airport for a few hours but would rather not be lugging a large suitcase, particularly one with a broken wheel which I'll be leaving in Tunisia once the wedding presents I'm taking out have been unpacked. I'm taking clothes in my holdall as I don't fancy turning up at the wedding in jeans and a t-shirt if my baggage is delayed. :roll:
Hi all,
First post and all that. I'm off to Florida in 3wks and I'm going World Traveller Plus.
Can anyone give a bit more info about 'laptop connections'. What sort of power connection
is needed and I don't suppose It'll be wireless will it? I'm taking an Applemac Pro if it makes
any difference. Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Barry
HONEYMON57ER,

welcome to the HT family :wave:

Information on power supplies is available on Seatguru and BA's website. Aircraft aren't equiped with wireless internet access, only the business lounges.

Darren
The flight to Tunis was fine. On-line check in etc. went smoothly and I was able to drop off my hold luggage as soon as I got to Gatwick, several hours before the flight. There was no IFE at all, though I seem to remember they had it in the past. I actually seldom watch it as the flight is under 3 hours. I was surprised to find that the included meal had now shrunk to a couple of sandwiches and a drink - which did include wine fortunately.;-) As we boarded I could smell food but apparently that was not for us plebs in economy. :cry:
BA ups fuel surcharge on all flights

British Airways has blamed continuing high oil prices for a further hike in its fuel surcharge to a maximum of £218 return for long haul.

The rise will come into force on all tickets bought from Tuesday.

The surcharge for short haul flights will go up by £3 per flight (£6 return) from £13 per flight (£26 return) to £16 per flight (£32 return).

The fee for long haul flights of less than nine hours will increase by £15 per flight from £63 per flight (£126 return) to £78 per flight (£156 return)

The surcharge for long haul flights of more than nine hours will rise by £30 per flight from £79 per flight (£158 return) to £109 per flight (£218)

BA said it will also increase its fuel surcharges by similar levels in markets outside the UK.

These are the latest in a round of fuel surcharge increases imposed by the airline.

With permission from Travelmole
Hi Darren
Sorry to bother you but would appreciate your help. We're flying BA2642 LGW-SKG on 6th July on a Boeing 737 (Eurotraveller) We would appreciate any info you have about these aircraft and also as we will be travelling with a 10 year old we would like to know what sort of entertainment to expect on board and also if there are any seats we should avoid when checking in online?

Many thanks
Diane

PS hope you had a great Birthday :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.