Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks for your help Darren - what a great website Seat Guru is, definitely one to be bookmarked :)
I have booked BA flights via the BAA website (operated by Last Minute). They were cheaper than going via BA website!!

I have all the booking numbers etc in the flight confirmation and the booking appears on the Manage my Booking site of BA.

I have always in the past when booking direct with BA had actual e tickets. All I have is the confirmation which does say show at check in to receive boarding pass. We usually check in online anyway. Should I be expecting anything else?

Pippa
Pippa,

As long as you have your booking reference for the flight, that's all you need to check-in and probably won't receive anything else.

Darren
Hi :tup

Will be flying LHR - LCA - LHR this summer with BA in Euro Traveller (Not so sure T5 was a good idea but we'll see!)

I've been researching the seating plans on the 763 and have noticed from reading that there isn't a set amount of seats in Club Europe and that you can end up in a CE seat if you sit at the front of ET, and that the back of ET (From the second set of emergency exits) have cloth seating and not to sit there. So i take it my best bet to try and get a convertible CE seat is to be in the middle of the aircraft?

Also, i've been reading about the 763's cabin. I know that the long haul fleet was "dusked" a couple of years back, and can't quite work out from the BA site if the short haulers have seat back TV's in Euro Traveller? I think BA's site says they do, but any confirmation greatly appreciated.

Also does anyone have a list of which 763's are configured short haul?

Thanks ;)
cyprusholz,

There are too many aircraft to list really. Here are the ones used on the BA662/3: G-BNWB/X/Z or G-BZHA/B/C.

Darren
Those that travelled between 11 August 2004 and 23rd March 2006 with Virgin Airways and/or British Airways on a long haul flight, may be able to claim some of the fuel surcharge back.

Claim onlne from the 14th July 2008:

https://www.airpassengerrefund.co.uk/

Mark :)
It is expected that like many other airlines affected by rocketing fuel bills, British Airways will shortly announce cutbacks to its short haul operations during the winter months, possibly by as much as 20% ... click here for more.

David :wave
I have BA flights to Faro booked for January so hope that is not cut. Hotel booked and paid for via Thomson Hotels only so not sure what would happen if we had to change dates.

Pippa
British Airways and Iberia are holding talks towards a all-share merger
between the two companies. It is understood that the
boards of both companies approve of a merger
BA and Iberia would retain their identities.
British Airways acquired a nine per cent shareholding in Iberia in 1999 and has
recently increased its shareholding to 13.15 per cent. Iberia has announced
today that it has recently acquired a 2.99 per cent direct shareholding in
British Airways and financial exposure to a further 6.99 per cent through
contracts for difference linked to British Airways' share price.

Nivsy
In view of the fact that BA are likely to be cutting some of their short haul winter flights I checked out our flights - 15 - 22nd January to Faro.

We paid a total of £205 for two persons return. Today it is £378 per person per sector making a total of over £1500!!!! We booked via BAA website where the flight doesn't even come up at all. I can't believe that the flight is so welll booked for that time of year.

February prices are similar to what we have paid. Me thinks this is very strange and I have this nagging feeling that our flights are probably quite likely to be withdrawn.

Pippa
BA reports 88 per cent slump in profits

British Airways has blamed the ‘worst trading environment ever' for an 88 per cent drop in profits for the three months until the end of June.

The carrier reported a pre-tax profit of £37m for the period, compared with £298m during the same quarter last year.

Chief executive Willie Walsh said fuel costs had gone up 49 per cent and it was now spending the equivalent of £8m per day on fuel. It is cutting its winter capacity by 3.1 per cent to reduce costs.

"We are in the worst trading environment the industry has ever faced," said Walsh. "The combination of unprecedented oil prices, economic slowdown and weaker consumer confidence has led to substantially lower first quarter profits.

"Fuel prices have doubled in the past year. A successful hedging programme mitigated the impact but nevertheless fuel costs at £706m were up £233m in the first quarter. We expect our fuel bill to top £3bn this year - the equivalent of more than £8m every day."

However, Walsh said BA was well prepared for the downturn and was focussing on controlling costs.

BA revealed that more than six million passengers have gone through Terminal 5 since its opening in March and merger talks with Iberia are still under way.

With permission from Travelmole
Well, we have had notification of a change of flight numbers and also a slight time change - just an hour - so hopefully that particular flight will not be withdrawn. It is still up at a ridiculous price though. The cynic in me wonders if they are hoping nobody else will book at that price and then they can cancel the flight because of lack of numbers!!

Pippa
Hi,

Im due to travel with BA on flight BA2037 from Gatwick to Orlando on Monday. I believe the aircraft will be a B777 and we are travelling in World Traveller.
Can anyone confirm that these details are correct? What is the passenger load likely to be at this time of year? I've usually travelled on charter flights to Orlando which are packed full but I was thinking that the BA Scheduled flight might not be just so busy?
Also any advice on which seats to best select at check-in online 24hrs before? There are two of us travelling. Row 15 sounded good with the extra bit of leg room but it also mentions kids are often in this area due to the special seats?

Thanks,
HawkVet,

BA2037 is indeed operated by a Boeing 777-236/ER. We aren't at liberty to give out loads on flights (more info here). Seating is personal preference. You may find Seatguru useful.

Darren
Hi I have booked a flight from Newcastle to Heathrow with BA (was free with vouchers after I complained about them cancelling the last flight I was on with them) and I noticed you get a hot breakfast served before 10am (our flight is at 9:20 am) does anyone know what this would be?

Thanks!
The breakfasts served on BA are usually not too bad. It is normally a sausage, bacon, scrambled egg, tomato and a couple of mushrooms. Usually served with a bread roll and jam/marmalade and orange juice.

We flew last Saturday morning with BA and that is what was served.
Was that a european/long haul flight or internal? As were just flying within the UK I thought it would just be a roll and a drink???
internal give the cooked breakfast. Infact nowadays its the only decent thing they serve up on internal flights
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.