Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
:yikes you are on holiday mate don't stress your self out like that. ask them to take it out of your room Quick :really
life is to short honest. :tup
Pip
x
What always surprises me about coming back off holiday is that even after 2 weeks without telly nothing has changed and it only takes about 2 episodes of any soap to catch up.
I like having something like Sky News available when i'm abroad, always nice to keep up with the news. Sadly British bars only really show English sport, hence the reason why Scottish bars were invented .... although i do have to admit to retuning the Sky box feed to a good few mobile homes last time i was in Castell Montgri, so i could get the Scottish cup final on BBC1 Scotland :rofl

Whoops, did i just admit that!!
walks,
many thanks for your really helpful advice :duh :que

i come on these forums to both help others and to get advice.

at this time of year many of us who use this section of the DG will be on the costa brava where the weather may not be that great.if you are stuck in a hotel when it is tipping it down outside, especially if you have kids, it can be useful to have the facility to watch a bit of tv, and even better if it is an english channel.

that is all i wanted to know.

your contribution to this topic, therefore does nothing to help.
The Interbrava mobiles at Castell Montgri had BBC1, ITV1 (or BBC1 Scotland, and STV when i retuned them! ;) ) and although the sun was always shining, it was nice to take a wee break out of the sun and pop on the news, or something, just to catch up

Always very handy :)
Hi Jim :wave:

Are you in Lloret at the moment :que

My mum and my 17 year old son are going to Lloret for half term week (next week) and just wondered what the weather was like at the moment? They've been going there for years in October and as you know sometimes it's hot sometimes it's not! Will they be lucky with the weather next week do you know?

Cheers Jim :tup
:offtop sorry about that!
julie
not going back till 6th november, but don't know where to stay yet as my normal choices are all closed for winter. maybe i'll have to go back to royal star.

re weather. have a look here
Weather looks quite changeable, sunny and cloudy, but at least it should be dry for most of the week :)

Thanks Jim :tup
Hi Jim
Not sure if he's open but Tony's copper kettle cafe always had the news on as opposed to sport and I guess that is classed as a cafe and not a pub !

Lee
Have a good holiday, Jim :cheers

My mum and son didn't have very good weather last week, but enjoyed themselves despite that :tup

BTW The telly in their room showed BBC1 and ITV (Hotel Rosamar Maritim) :)
julie,
thanks for that.
its when you get these lousy days that you appreciate a british tv channel.
as i go there very regularly, this information is just another piece of the jigsaw when i choose where to stay.
off to the Ancla today, and i've promised friends that i will bring some sunshine. at least the forecast is not too bad.
jim
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.