Travel News

A place to discuss news related to the travel industry
Coming home tomorrow.....given this form to fill in.

http://i65.tinypic.com/x6cyah.jpg

Sanji x
I've only had a couple of cases of 'Montezuma's Revenge'whilst on holiday, once in Australia and once in Singapore. I simply took tabletx and sat it out (mostly on the toilet). It never even occurred to me to make a claim.
My worst was in Bali and also in Mumbai( a 5 star hotel) . I didnt give it a thought to go after the hotels.
Tenerife but it was a restaurant at lunchtime not our hotel. A short while after eating there I got the cramps & was on the beach 😨. Ended up leaving the beach still in bikini with a towel round me & ended up having an injection at the hospital.
I've (fortunately) only suffered a couple of times in 40 years; by far the worst time was in Egypt on a cruise -all our party suffered to a greater or lesser extent -one lady in another group ended up on a drip -even our steward was missing for a couple of days!! We came back to the UK still not right.
To be honest a Nile cruise is something to do once before you die - but not twice !!!
Only once really, my honeymoon in Torremolinos in 1968 when I spent 10 days of my 2 week holiday suffering from a particularly nasty stomach bug. Despite during the 50 years since that trip visiting some strange and wonderful places and eating many weird meals , apart from a brief tummy upset in Russia in 2014 I haven't suffered once.

ps. I've done two Nile and one Lake Nasser cruise in Egypt and didn't have the slightest problem.
  • Edited by Judith 2017-10-10 17:25:21
What a start to your married life Judith!
Tangiers in 1993 is the only holiday we have had with stomach problems. We did a day trip to Gibraltar and our first stop was a pharmacy.
Oh well, I hope they like porridge........ IMO, The solicitor should be sent down too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4977574/Couple-jailed-making-fake-holiday-sickness-claims.html

Sanji x
Not very bright of them to post on Facebook and make claims 2 years running for the SAME hotel.
A lot of others must be feeling very worried.
They've just had their holiday smiling faces plastered all over the TV news as well. Oops 😁
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.