UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
does anyone know where the gold self catering accomodation is in minehead also is there a map showing where all the accomodations are. thanks zeusy.
hi
we went to minehead in the feb half term and stayed in gold app. the gold app are to the right of the complex,they have their own carpark right next to them.
if you look on the website it shows you were everything is, the gold app are to the right of the skyline and before the swimming pool.
hope this helps?
we had a great time and my teenager couldnt get over how much food there was to choose from in the yatch club! :cheers

from justine
thaks justine for the reply, would you say they were in a better locality than the silver plus and silver apartments, because we've been offered these ones also, thanks again zeusy.
hi zeusy,
the gold app are in 3 storey buildings if that makes any difference to you? we were right at the top which we didnt mind cos you dont here anyone banging around above you :think
i think the silver are single storey and near the yatch club/ restaurants which is where you will eat if you are in gold and half board.
there were alot more of the silver app. they are behind the skyline and to the left of the swimming pool, thats if i got the right ones!! :que
there were some with their own car parking space infront so they maybe the deluxe app aswell.
the standard app are to the back of the complex.
there isnt much difference in locality for gold/silver i dont think, but we found it easier in gold because you can park your car right next to your app block, easier for transferring all those bags and packing when you leave!
also gold can check in earlier and at their own check in desk which was quick and easy, its just up the path from the app. :) when are you thinking of going?

from justine
We've just returned from Bognor and had a great time.

We took friends with us who swore after staying in standard accom at Minehead would never return. We all booked gold half board and had great size apartments with 3 bedrooms (for 6 of us) lounge and kitchen. It was all fresh and very clean and we ate in the brand new Yacht club which offered a good selection for even the most fussy of eaters.

The entertainment was excellent and varied for all ages. The gardens have just been lanscaped and there's a new crazy golf which was good fun for young and old alike.

All had an excellent time and wouldn't hesiate to return, but only to the gold standard.

Any questions please ask and I'll do my best. Off to post a review now :tup
thanks for the replies thinking of going in june.
thaks justine for the reply, would you say they were in a better locality than the silver plus and silver apartments, because we've been offered these ones also, thanks again zeusy.

We came back last Friday and stayed in Gold. We were on the top floor but this was not a problem. It was so near to all the entertainment. We went Half Board and ate in the Boat house which was very nice. This was my 14th trip, sad or what? :rofl

The Gold are definately in a better location that the silver apts, some of silver apartments are quite fair back behind the food halls. Silver Plus are guaranteed ground floor but the silver can be 2 or 3 storey just like the Gold. In fact the apts are more or less the same - except the Gold have a widescreen tv and dvd player in lounge and a 2nd tv in main bedroom. Gold also provide towels and a hairdryer.

If I had the choice I would go Gold everytime, but never anything less than silver. I don't like the look of deluxe as people always seem to look in through the patio doors as they pass - the only benefit in my eyes is a parking space outside the door. There again in Gold the car park is very close anyway.
Gold check-in is usually 2.30pm (we checked in at 2pm :) ) whereas silver and bronze is 4pm
thanks for reply, have now booked gold half board.
hi , a group of 20 of us are going to butlins at skeggy for the 70s mid week break, i'm a premier club member but i was just wondering if there was a separate check-in area for groups and could anyone tell me where it is
thanx :que
Hi Sharon,
We are planning to go on July a family of 5 but my youngest is 2 and would sleep with my husband and I in the masters bed and my other 2 in the other room. Am I ok/allowed to book an apartment that only sleeps 4 with 2 bedrooms only? Please can you or anyone help me. Thank you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.