UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
butlins
31 Posts
Hi,

I like Butlins Minehead, I've got a caravan there and go several times a year.

I've never been to any of the other Butlins so I can't comment on them.

Judith
Hi, Butlins at Minehead is fab, you will find my review where Pippy has said, as not long came back from an adult only weekend. :wink:
What do ye think? Was thinking of taking the kids over for a few days during easter.

Recent TV ads make it look ok, seems good value on the website aswell, that is until you convert from sterling to euro!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Hi,

The only Butlins you will be able to go to at easter is Bognor Regis, Minehead and Skegness are both hired out for a religious festival for the duration of the school holiday break, this is called Spring Harvest.

The facilities are open as in the swimming pool , fun fair , kiddies play areas but the evening entertainment venues are used for the religious conventions.

If you want more info please PM me as I have a caravan at Minehead I can explain in further detail.

Judith
The only Butlins you will be able to go to at easter is Bognor Regis, Minehead and Skegness are both hired out for a religious festival for the duration of the school holiday break, this is called Spring Harvest.

Ah I was wondering why I couldn't get prices for Easter. Thanks for clarifying that.

We're off to Minehead on Friday for the weekend. 18 of us, Mothers and daughters.
any feedback on the hotel @ Bognor Butlins ?

we are off there ofr a few days in June,so my son can see the Power Rangers :roll: :lol:

It looks really nice on the website is it as nice in real life?!

also what about the food ? as we are B&B

any other advice,tips etc would be appreciated

TIA
:)
Rachie-We are going to Butlins next week for a few days,although we are not staying in the hotel this time around we are going to have a look at it for possible future holidays.I will pass on info to you when we get back.
thank you shazza :)
I have read reviews and most are good ,so fingers crossed !
Hi Rachie,
We are just back from Butlins and had a look round the Shoreline hotel the restaurant and bar area are quite small,i guess this is because you are able to use the other bars and entertainment in resort.
The room we looked at was exactly like the ones on the 360% tour on the Butlins website.It was very nice with good additional touches like a tv/dvd in the kids bedroom area.The rooms are a nice size although there is not much storage area and the wardrobes donot have doors on them so your clothes are on view all the time.
We were half board in the normal part of the resort and the food was a bit mediocre but like anywhere they were trying to cater for alot of people.
Not sure what age your son is.if he is quite young he will love the Skyline where all the characters,puppet master etc appear.If he is a bit older he will enjoy the funfair,splash waterworld and multi sports court(take your own basketball or football).
If you want to know anything else feel free to PM me or ask on this forum and i will do my best to answer any questions.
Enjoy your holiday
Sharon
we went to Bognor Butlins quite a few years ago and were lucky to be given one of the newer types of chalet-in small tudor looking block-have they phased out the old sort yet?

We thoroughly enjoyed it and it was a great base to explore the area.
Thanks muchly sharon :D

the kids love the look of the bedroom on the 360 tour !

Our sons are 5 and 11 :)
We went to Bognor on a Butlins break at Easter (2nd - 6th midweek)

We stayed in a deluxe room (half board) and we were not disappointed with the accommodation !

Downstairs two large comfy sofas, kitchenette (open plan) dining table, wide screen TV, DVD & video. french windows and separate door leading to a small garden. Wine & chocs.

Upstairs toilet, bath/shower, (toiletries) double bedroom & twin bedroom (soft beds) safe. Balcony via main bedroom.

Own parking space outside accommodation & maid service (empty bins & make beds)

Only thing that let it down was the poor entertainment.

The week was labelled as Easter break, and to be honest, most of the skyline entertainment is geared towards the under fives. , skyline gang (my 8 year old loved these though) Bob the builder, and redcoats party dances. and of course the money grabbing photo shoots. Oh and Titen the 7ft robot was good, but we missed the first performance earlier, and caught the second that day, hubby and son was in Hotshots so missed it, but unfortunately it wasn't repeated again that week.

On the Monday only Center Stage was open, Reds were closed., making it impossible to go into the venue as it was packed even more than usual.
We ventured in and walked out when we saw Mr men on stage. Another nights entertainment was wrestling (which was in the skyline last time we went as day entertainment) and by far the worst was so called family entertainment in reds, David Copperfield the "comedian" who told condom jokes (glow in the dark Darth Vader ones, actions done as well)
... Not good when you have a 12 year old and an 8 year old in tow !

There were the tribute bands, Dr & The Medics, but these started at 10.45pm, which was as good as a chocolate teapot when you have two tired kids who by 11pm will be getting bored and ratty and ready for bed !

The break cost us £708 for four nights, (But we paid £8 in cash, the rest Tesco clubcard vouchers, hence going deluxe and not the normal standard)

Elaine x
Is anyone else going to Butlins to see the Power Rangers ? :lol: :roll: things we do for our kids eh!

I have just booked again,Minehead this time, for October half term

4 nights s/c in a silver apartment £144 bargain ! :D
We are going to Butlins Minehead on Friday for a weekend break. Can anyone advise how much they charge for drinks i.e bottles of Fosters, WKD and also spirits like Bacardi and lastly the average price of soft drinks?

Michelle :D
Its quite expensive, they used to do offers like a bucket of VK's for £12.00 I think this was 5 bottles. I think a pint of lager is about £2.60. We usually buy the kids slushes as they last longer and aren't too expensive , whereas they drink a coke quickly.

Not sure of exact costs as when we go we buy our booze in tesco and only have the odd drink inthe venues.

As we go to our caravan there a lot ,a cheap weekend can mount up .

Judith
Hi Michelle ... in case you haven't seen it, we have another thread specifically about Butlins Minehead, which also contains a link to our reviews page. Feel free to post in that too, as some members may be subscribed to it as a Watched Topic.

David :wave
Thanks for your help Judith & David

Michelle :D
Just stayed at the Shoreline hotel in Bognor for a 4 day break.

Whilst the hotel was nice enough, the facilties, in particular the swimming complex is still in the 80s. It is simply terrible!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.