Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
They are more expensive in Turkey as they are imported so its not worth getting one there!
Shorty 8)
Don't wait till you get to Turkey - guarantees will be a problem.
Don't buy in Duty Free.
Check out the web sites and check the Ad Pages in Digital Photography Made Easy and Digital Camera Magzines. Have a good look round the web and then slip in to a Jessops shop. If they won't match the best price you find, at least you can have a play with the camera you want and see what it will do.

Parky :wink: :wink:
Hi i just won a £300 digital camera in the fanta bottle competition,pukka takes great pics 4.5 mega pixels,shall be taking it to marmaris this year when we go,got 2 now cooo well happy :) 8)
Hp R700 5mega pixel, great would recommed it to anybody. remember check which cards they take as some are expensive
Don't forget to take the lens cap off, Cockney Girl!!

Power to your elbow. :P :P
Check out the prices on http://www.7dayshop.com - they are based in Guernsey and very reasonable for cameras, extra memory, ink cartridges, etc - much cheaper than PCworld. I've used them loads of times now and they are totaly reliable.
8)I agree 100% with Mariah H...7day shop is good value..i just purchased a 256MB card for the camera for £17.99 you can take 319 snaps on it... much much cheaper than jessops etc. you can treat yourself in Marmaris with the money that you save... :ghug
Thanx for all the responses - keeping on the subject (thought we'll probably get kicked off this forum!!!) being a bit of a digitial novice - these 256MB disks you get from 7dayshop - are they compatible with all digitial cameras??
Have a look on here for the difference between flash memory cards.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/flash_memory.html
Amazon.co.uk offer some great deals on cameras and memory cards
Maria after reading your post today i looked on the 7day web site and cannot believe the prices,a memory card from a shop here is £34.00 and i have just ordered one from 5 day for £7.99 plus pp of course,thanks for the tip.I shall be ordering cartridges from there as well.It shows how helpful these forums can be. :o
Try Phoenix Inksfor your printer, Cockney Girl. I use them a lot and can't get a better deal.
0800 01 55 777 or
http://www.phoenixdirectuk.co.uk

Parky
thanks parky i have added that to my favourites,good price as well :)
hi,all does any body know if its cheaper to buy this sort of thing in turkey,at least ill only have to carry it one way :D :D
i dont think this sort of thing is cheaper in turkey, ive been buying a lot of electrical appliances for my apt and similar price to uk and sometimes more. i priced a psp whilst there at easter and that was dearer than the uk, so i wouldnt risk it
bought ours at the airport was much cheaper.....hpe this helps!

Tina
thanks,i am always looking to save a few bob, more efees
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.