EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
rent
252 Posts
for those considering buying an apartment for investment rather than for use try this. In marmaris a good apartment will rent for 500 to 600 ytl all year round. that's 6000 to 7000 ytl per year ( £ 2400 to £2800) added with 15% interest in the banks at present and it might just pay for a decent holiday each year.
I have a few contacts if anyone is interested in icmeler or marmaris. pm for details.
Don't buy just to rent. i think you are better buying as an investment.everyone is right, there will be certain months when you will be able to rent out but initially you will not want to rent out especially if the site of your apartment is in an area of development ie; roads and paths still to be built.sometimes this takes two or three years to happen.in turkey they build the apartments and villas first, roads,lamposts,pavements after.
We have contacts in a few builders in Altinkum if you decide to go and look and there are some bargains to be had. we have a large 3bed apartment with bathroom and ensuite to main bedroom ten minutes walk to beach, for 24,000.
Happy hunting.
Had to laugh about the 10 days clearance til i saw the date it was posted. this year has been awful for getting the paper work and Tapu (title Deeds)
there was a clamp down earlier this year as various political factions were complaining about the land being grabbed by foreigners . it wasn2t really about the type of property we are talking about but it put a hold on all transcations. its all sorted out now but the back log means that things have been slower... but now its down to about two months on average to get the Tapu.
Bryn , are you working in a corner shop ?

Just a questions ! Did i stop people robbed by you?
And it doesnt mean that all the companies are corner shops ext ..

The reality is some "real estate agents" in Turkey are abusing the condition now and adding extra amounts on the real price , i think this is fraud and not legal and i want everyone to be carefull!! And i call these places corner shops , if its disturbing you i cant help it.

These places get depozit from people and 1 month later without proceeding the sales , they run away.

If you still keep on protecting these people ,my only idea is that you are one of them.

Take any action that you can.

by the way there are no priviligges for anyone , there are only positive ideas about you when you are working allways clear and honest.
Jan
let people think you are a fool dont post like this and prove it.
This topic will be locked if the bickering continues.
i live and work for an estate agency in Alanya. (Name removed)

Maybe we are small but we put the customer first ..
i know that Bryn in Antalya also practices with principles and integrity.
the biggest and longest established estate agency in Alanya (who i will not name here) has recently been investigated by the police for bad practices. which proves you never can tell.
Scaremongering just puts people off and nobody will gain from it.

Edited to remove company name. Bawbee
Thank you Shirley
This is the message I am trying to get across to people. Integrity is the most important thing we have in this business and Jan I started my company because I didnt like what was going on here and I hope some of us can raise the standards here, furthermore I am in a position where I dont need to work in that I can afford to retire and never work so I dont need to rob anyone, I am not desperate to make sales (therefore I dont pressurise people) and I then dont need to sell houses from all developers so I reject the ones that dont meet the Quality/value for money/or trust criteria that I set.
its the luck of the draw
Hi juneec,

We have recently puchased a villa to be ready for July this year through Bridge Holmes International based in Marple Bridge up in Cheshire. They have a guaranteed rental plan with their Turkish property that is HSBC bank guaranteed at 7%.
As a previous post mentioned I think it very important to buy through an agent that has an office here in the UK and also in country you are purchasing and that recommend a solicitor that is familiar with Turkey and is based close enough in the Uk for you to be able to visit. Solicitor is very important as you dont get bank guarantees so be careful when selecting the developer. Ours has been in the business for 28 years. We checked, checked and double checked.
Hello everybody
May I introduce myself (Helen and hubby Gary) we have sold our house in UK and are relocating to Turkey approximately at the end of June beginning of July so lots of help needed please.
We have narrowed the area down to Koycegiz and Dalyan (although a bit too expensive) and would like any information on year round living.
We also need somewhere to stay for a week commencing 2/6, would prefer and apartment and somewhere to use a pool if possible if not a hotel with a pool.
We will also need to rent long term (probably 6 months) whilst we find or have a home built, does anyone have any information on this?
We would require a home for this time (not just a holiday rental) and we are also bringing our cat so would prefer something with a garden and also somewhere with a tv that we could install digiturk or the like as we will not be going out every evening!! Any information would be greatly appreciated...................
Hi everyone?
DO you think that you can buy a house on the net? Looking at the pictures and decide to go to place?
EDIT: Can ... as previously advised by Bawbee, please refer to our Private Rentals & Sales forum as you should not be advertising property here in our Ex Pats & Owners Abroad forum.

David HT Mod
The area you have chosen is very beautiful, (dalyan and koycegiz, especially i love the oranges there)

If you wish to advertise on HT - check out the following links:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=30674

Kath HT Admin
i know who to go to buy property creasant homes real estate recommended personally
hi, we purchased our 2nd apartment in altinkum 3 months ago and its all completed now, the estate agent we very good
It seems that Turkey is currently enjoying a feeding frenzy with so many people coming out to buy property.
In Marmaris several cases of waiter intervention has resulted in lost deposits etc. One unfortunate paid a substantial money to a go between to buy an hotel and of course the guy was never seen since.
Please can you spread the word...
1 Don't part with money unless you have a lawyer working for you.
2 take time to think about your purchase, if they keep hassling...WALK AWAY
3 Try to use a registered agent.
4 If you are introduced to an agent by a waiter etc then he/she will be on commission and will only recommend them.
5 shop around, I know its a lot of legwork but it is worth it.
6 ask for details of all the fees, these can mount up for foreign buyers

Finally.... if it sounds too good to be true..then it probably is
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.