Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
No your not imaging it.....it's still there heading out of Candolim towards Calangute almost opposite Lawande Supermarket.
Think its just called Cactus now.
Had a blooming awful Shepherds Pie there!!!!
Passed it a few times, and no one in. Went a few years back and nothing special.
Thanks Guys
It was Ok "ish" when I went in years ago but nothing special, its just the name that had stuck in my mind .
Wifey cant remember us going in :que

We,ve booked to stay in the Highland again for Christmas and even though we have two other hols booked prior to it (1 in July and 1 in September) Its the Goa holiday that I keep thinking about :D

Gaz
Think it was Ram (Carvery) who called it Cactus Shepherds Pie when he ran it but the Cactus is not even on my list of places to try again sometime however the guy who run it last season has moved to The Old Mango Tree on the other side of the road, been there several time this year and had good meals in a pleasant atmosphere

A new place top of holiday street is well worth a visit, think it is called OnThe Street, good food and inexpensive also the Spice Rack in between Rustlers and Why Not is very good for steak however not tried anything else there

If you like live music Decades is a must on Monday evenings need to be there by 7.30 to get a table also this Wednesday Jan is singing (from about 3.30) at Cafe Looda in Anjuna market, fantastic setting over looking the beach , come and feast your ears
agree Meagain 'On my street' in holiday street is a great restaurant its owned by the same guy who runs Foxes and is similar .... i really enjoyed the meal we had there...and its dead reasonable
chilly
i really enjoyed the meal we had there...and its dead reasonable

Just landed back in Goa and already dreaming of the excellent hand cut chunk of thick juicy fillet steak tenderly warmed over an open wood fire served with the finest hand cut piece of locally grown potato double fried to a golden hue and complemented with a crisp green salad and the plate decorated with floweret's of sliced vine ripened tomatoes with Colman's English mustard centres or for an extra quid we could spoil ourselves at Soumyen's if he has not closed for the season also a few large coffee's would go down well as I have been a poorly lad having to drink filtered water with just a hand full of hops added to give it a vestige of favour, would be great to have a chat before you leg it off on your travels
:D beautifully put !!! got my taste buds flowing!!!
and yes!! catch up soon!! tomorrow!!
Chilly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.