Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
We're off to Cala D'or Saturday and will have a look for you and put a note on when I return.

My Dad stops at the Rocamarina and says they own a restaurant by the tennis club at Es Forti - says it's superb!

Gonna give it a go and will let you know!! Yum :yipee
:thanks hippyjak

Have a great time :wave
Hi KG, The tennis club resturant at the Rocamarina has really improved and lots of people are recommending it this year, another good place in Egos is La Marina just by tony's cafe, serves quality fish dishes/steakes and Mallorcan lamb as specialities. in Cala D'or we always go to Es Caliu in the main town again a proper resturant that the locals use all year. Not as expensive as some others but we have never had a bad meal in the last 5 years. €15 for a bottle of Mallorcan red. If you want to go all out then try Can Trompe next to Es Caliu, good food but can be expensive.
If you fancy around the Marina then i can recomend Sancora, on the low level on Cala D'or side next to Peters estate agency. Excellent food and great views if you book a table on the harbour front. The bosses nickname is Alonso as he is a mad F1 fan. Hope you have a great time,
Steve.
Thanks Steve

Thats excellent info, I like 'proper' restaurants used by the locals I think you get much nicer food, IMHO of course.

The Marina area you both mention sounds nice.

Muchas gracias 8)

Graham
Price no objection ? Try the expensive Ristorante La Scala at the Marina in Cala D Or . Top class .
Tennis Club opposite Rocamaina also OK .

Stanley
We stayed in Cala Egos in June, we loved it, as said before the tennis club restaurant opposite the Rocamarina hotel is very good ans is la marina next to tony's bar. On the marina itself in Cala d or our fav was Aquarius(next to Zacola) and Negro Blanca (Black and White) on the cala Egos side of the marine is a must. Sorry to here about your mum and hope you all have a lovely holiday.
Thanks Stanley & titch much appreciated :)

All this advice is excellent, am I right in thinking that the best restaurants are to be found in the marina area ?

How far is the marina from Cala egos ?

:thanks again
Graham
IMHO for a special occasion it would be hard to beat the Marina, the location alone will make it memorable and with a good restaurant recommendation it's bound to be fantastic. It's also walkable from where you're staying.

My advice would be go armed with all the restaurant names, take a stroll around the marina and see which appeals most to your family. It sounds like you'll have plenty of choice.

Hope you all have a great time. Oh to be 18 again.......
Definitely around the marina some fantastic restaurants. Have a walk right round first - you will be spoilt for choice!

Graham - a very happy 18th birthday!
I agree the marina is a must, we've found the restaurants to be quieter on the Cala Egos side, Blanco Y Negro is a favourite but to be honest never had a bad meal around the marina.

In Cala Egos itself Bar Madrid is an excellent choice for a meal.
Cheers jan400, ki77y, goingonholiday.

Certainly sounds like the Marina armed with all your recommendations it is then :thanks
Oh to be 18 again.......

Even double that would be good :lol:

Thanks again
Graham
it takes about 20 mins to walk to the marina from Egos. Go to the roundabout just before the Rocamarina Hotel and turn left(you now have the back of the hotel on your right) keep walking until you get to the road with the no entry sign,turn right here and walk though the villas down the hill until you get to two new villas, turn right down steep steps(you can see the marins through the trees) turn left at the bottom and the Marina is at the end, if you miss the steps don't worry, when you get to the end of the road just turn right. From this point it takes a further 10 mins to stroll round to the other side of the marina, is is lovely.
Thanks (once again) titch for the route.

It's nice to stroll for a wee bit before dinner, and the stagger back is always interesting :lol:

Seriously thanks for the route info, we enjoy a small walk before and after dinner and that sounds nice.

Graham
Back this week from a fantastic time in Cala D'or!

Tried to work my way through all the recommended restaurants but would need a plane all to myself on return journey!

Here are the ones we did try!

Es Caliu - Really nice, both had fillet steak, little one had chicken - reasonably priced, friendly service. In the middle of Cala D'or in a square so you could soak up atmosphere of people passing by - Can Trompe opposite looked fab - very busy - think you would have to book - never got round to that one sadly!

Rocamarina at Es Forti by Tennis Courts - Again beautiful meal, little one again had chicken - never tasted chicken like it - gorgeous! We again had steak, hubby had Leek soup to start - yum! Home made Tiramisu to die for. Lovely setting, good friendly service. Again reasonably priced.

Now for our favourite - Acuarius in the marina at Cala Llonga - ate here from Monday onwards - fantastic! After second visit reserved tables at front for better view of marina. A couple of times there were wedding parties of probably 20 people catered for - they made it very special for them. Service and waiters impeccable, fantastic menu, beautiful setting, great food! Amazing! Loved it! At about 8.30 an argentinian man would play his guitar and sing spanish songs whilst walking among the restaurants stopping approx 20 mins at each one but could still be heard as he went along - it really added to the atmosphere. Our daughter fell in love with him - she's only 2! Tiramisu even beats Rocamarina's. We had steak, the local fish (cant remember name but similar to Sea Bass), Cod mallorcan style, different kebabs, pork, fillet steak, chicken with vegetables - wow! monkfish, schnitzel, spaghetti bolognese.

They also put various appetizers of the table ie a plate of fresh prawns, chorizo sausages, tuna and potato salad (my favourite!) which was a nice touch.

Couldn't fault it!

Really recommend reserving table of a Friday night - that was our last night and we were glad that we'd booked - people were been turned away as most of the tables were reserved - presume the same of a Saturday night.

All the restaurants look nice, but the Acuarius had something special about it. This is where I would go for something special. Nothing was too much trouble, wonderful setting, great food, lovely atmosphere - I could go on and on and on! (As I probably have)! :oops:

Here's the number if you want any further info - 971 65 98 76

Very envious of you going to Cala D'or! Have a great time! We certainly did. It's the first holiday where my husband didn't want to come home! :shock:
I :bow to you hippyjak

Thanks for that very informative information, it must have been hard work testing all these restaurants for me :lol:

The way you have described the Acuarius in the marina at Cala Llonga has sold it for me, I will give them a phone and book a table and perhaps also try to arrange a small cake for the birthday boy.

The appetizers (Tapas ?) sounds a nice touch, you have got my mouth watering.

Thanks again hippyjak and indeed everyone, less than a week now at we can try your recommendations, Tiramisu mmmmmmmmm

:thanks
Graham
Hope you all have a lovely time - hope the restaurant lives up to the hype now!

:P
Hi graham. glad to hear you and your family had a fab holiday, we loved aquarius and the Rocamarina also. we ore off the Alicante tomorrow but majorca will have some living up to do
Hi titch

Hi graham. glad to hear you and your family had a fab holiday

Have I missed it :cry:

We are just going right now report back to you all (too) soon.

Thanks to everybody once again for all your recommendations

Graham
Have a lovely time!
:wave
Kath x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.