Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Cala Egos
3 Posts
Hi Gill, I will try to answer all your questions!
1. the trains still run from Cala Egos to Cala Dor and from Cala Egos to Cala Mondrago.
2. Restaurants - best value / quality restaurant for a family is Cafe Beatriz (next to Eroski supermarket) in my opinion. People also like Tonys on the main street. The Irish Bistro is very popular with Brits as it does good home cooked food though I find that in the summer this kind of food is too much for me!
3. Yes you can get boat trips from Cala Es Pou which is the nearest cove to Es Forti. The Glass Bottom boat calls in there - timetable at the beach.
4.Very easy walk around Cala Egos. The walk to Cala Dor takes about half an hour, and is a lovely leisurely walk around the marina (though there is a bit of a hill to walk up out of the marina into Cala Dor but its not too bad. You can stop off for a cool beer on the way at The Smugglers or The Jolly Roger.
5. You can arrange trips at a hotel if you are staying there. Otherwise there are buses that run to Palma, Cala Mondrago and to Aquacity, as well as to various markets other places around the island. Pop into one of the hotels and you will probably find some leaflets in the foyer or in the car rental places they usually have lots of brochures etc.
6. There is a large Eroski supremarket in the centre of Cala Egos, as well as a Spar that sells a lot of english products.
Hope this information helps.
:)
Hi Gill :wave:

Just to add a bit on to the excellent info marymary has already given you, there is a boat for trips that calls in to the beach at Cala Egos at the Marina Corfu / Skorpios hotels.

And thanks to titch who posted this info for me on a previous topic on HT

it takes about 20 mins to walk to the marina from Egos. Go to the roundabout just before the Rocamarina Hotel and turn left(you now have the back of the hotel on your right) keep walking until you get to the road with the no entry sign,turn right here and walk though the villas down the hill until you get to two new villas, turn right down steep steps(you can see the marins through the trees) turn left at the bottom and the Marina is at the end, if you miss the steps don't worry, when you get to the end of the road just turn right. From this point it takes a further 10 mins to stroll round to the other side of the marina, is is lovely.

When you get to the other end of the marina that is you going up the small hill in to Cala D'or and the main area is just as you walk up, you cant miss it.

Graham
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.