Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
An sure we popped into Cala n Porter is that the area that's can be quite steep to get to the beach? I got the impression that it had decent night life?
GOOD

Cala en Porter used to attract via some Thomson cut price deals some shall we say less travelled people. Thomson no longer doing this so all clear :-). Cala en Porter has been smartened up a lot in last 2 years( roads actually now surfaced, 2010 promenade over bay etc ) it has one of the best (top 3 ) resort beaches/beach scenery on the island. Is set in attractive location.

More for those with young families, couples BUT lots of retired people holiday there in their own villas / apartments
Well just back from 2 weeks in Calan Porter and we loved the resort, Ok bit of a trek down to the beach and the beach train is no longer running so be warned!!!. however, great beach ideal for little ones! 2 sunbeds plus parasol €15 all day. Resort also very tidy and good pavements and roads. It was very quiet when we were there. Be warned supermarket prices now quite high. however, spend over €30 and they deliver for free. We ate at 2 restaurants, Pitos and another 2 doors down but cant remember the name. Pitos cannot be beaten for the amount you get to eat. Paid 10€ for cod chipes and peas, the meal was huge and very good. Other restaurant did set meal for €12.95 which included 1 drink, bread starter, maincourse and dessert. Again brilliant meal and value for money, could not fault it. Would definitely go again. ;)
:wave:

I cannot recommend highly enough Cala En Porter.

We (2A + 2K (5 & 11),
stayed in a privately rented 2 bed apartment at Siesta Mar 1.

Siesta Mar 1 is the quieter of 2 complexes.
It has a swimming pool and small playground.

Next door is the Siesta Mar 2 which has restaurant, bar, bigger playground and more pools and waterslides.

The resort has plenty of shops and restaurants, a couple of bars with outdoor seating and live entertainment (excellent).
Excellent beach also.

I think Cala en Porter is probably the best resort for restaurants and a nice evening walk.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.