Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I would say Cal'n Bosch,something for everyone.
A small harbour with plenty of restaurants and bars beautiful beach,water park,boat trips,the one to Turquetta which is gorgeous.
We have been going to Menorca since 1981 and seen just about every where.
The places I would say we least like are Cal'n Forcat,Cal'n Porter and Cal'n Blanes,but that is only my opinion as others like them.

Maryb
I have chosed Calan Bosch and we get there on the 12th July!! I cant wait :D
Nice one I'am sure you will love it,roll on next tuesday we go for a week to sleepy hollow (S'algar)

regards Maryb
I know this is too late for Claire, but here's my opinion just incase anyone else is wandering the same....

DEFINITELY ..... WITHOUT A DOUBT........... CALAN BOSCH !!

But as MaryB points out, everyone is different and likes different things. Our Favourite place for a family holiday is Calan Blanes and Calan Forcat, but we also love Calan Bosch.
I agree, Calan Bosch by a country mile(Son Bou is my fav though)
here's my 2 cents. They are very different as are peoples tastes so . I know both well but have not been to Cala en Bosch in main season- so while there is a lot there there are also massive more amounts of people. Often what makes/breaks a place is the other guests! Cala en Porter is also more residential

Cala en Porter

pluses

Beach and views is an anotner class, to Cala en Bosch.( step to beach worth the effort )
Closeness to Mahon, Es Castell any beautiful country side ( bus services )
Airport transfer times
Appeal more to a relaxed holidaymaker, mostly catering to self catering Villas and Apartments
Better restaurants ( partcularly the menorcn ones ) plus´nearby to execellent restaurants in local towns within 20mins drive
Coves Xoroi - magical place

minuses

less to do for children, but less people so not sure ( in 2008 ) they built out the childrens facilities so its better than in previous reports
Not geared to Hotels
-- some 'tacky' cater to the brits bars too!
needs some more investment ( though has improved over 2008 onwards )

Cala en Bosch
pluses

Appeals more to a holidaymaker looking for lots for children to do
Want buzzy of bars close on foot

Lots to do but has more packaged holiday hotel beds, so will attract bigger crowds
Marina is attractive in the evenings but again some 'tacky' bars too!

Minuses

Airport transfer times
beach can be overcrowded in peak
As has big impact on nature -was built in the least attractive part of Menorca IMHO ( but can understand why - folks who dont want to travel more than 500 yard from pool etc )

NO sense of menorca there at all if you stay in the resort
As a regular visitor to the island I too would suggest Calan Bosch, its more geared for the couples and groups market. Calan Porter is possibly more geared for young families!! But both resorts would have something for all!! :)
:wave:

I cannot recommend highly enough Cala En Porter.

We (2A + 2K (5 & 11),
stayed in a privately rented 2 bed apartment at Siesta Mar 1.

Siesta Mar 1 is the quieter of 2 complexes.
It has a swimming pool and small playground.

Next door is the Siesta Mar 2 which has restaurant, bar, bigger playground and more pools and waterslides.

The resort has plenty of shops and restaurants, a couple of bars with outdoor seating and live entertainment (excellent).
Excellent beach also.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.