Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
This is the link to last years dates http://www.blanes.net/focs/cat/frprog.html but dought if it will change much may be by a day either way.

Yes you can drive there should take you about 50 minutes but be advised that from 7pm at night many of the roads are shut off to traffic so I would advise you make a day visit and try and park the car in a public car park away from the front because if you use the underground one right on the front you WILL NOT be able to get your car out until at least 2 1/2 may be 3 hours after the fireworks has finished.

What a lot of people do it take a picnic down on the beach at about 7 at night to secure there spot to watch it all as there can and has been anything up to a 1/2 a million people there watching.

Enjoy yourself I think it is the best firework display anywhere around and it is all free. Not to spoil you fun to much but please be security vigilant regarding money handbags mobile phones etc.

If I can find out the exact dates for this year in the mean time I will post them here.
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I think what we will do is drive to Tossa de Mar on the morning (one of our favourite places where we had our first holiday together) and then go onto Blanes late afternoon.

Last time our friends drove and parked quite a way from the front and we walked in so we will probably do the same again.

We were there for the first night of the 2004 competition and I've never seen anything like it. I've been to plenty of fireworks displays but that one just blew me away.

Looking forward to this year!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.