Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi Mitch
We have stayed at this site twice before and we are going again next June. It's quite big with 2 swimming pools. It's very family orientated so the kids love it. There's a good restaurant (not expensive) there's three bars, the main one does excellent food to eat in or take away. The campsite itself is very clean and well run. Palafrugell is lovely (just 5mins walk to the Beach) The all you can eat chinese restaurant is a must (7€ a head). We go in June as you can fly to Girona airport with ryanair for about 3 or 4 pound+Tax! I would imagine it does get very busy in Peak Season but when we go it's very quite.
Check out these Links
http://www.finquesfrigola.com/webcam.htm
http://www.costabravadirect.com/lasiesta.html
Hi Maff,
Thanks for the reply, very informative. I was hoping if you could answer a couple more questions?
My wife would like to know more about the beach; is it sandy ( fine/coarse ) & what is the incline into the water like? ( we have young kids, 1 non swimmer ).
Also , did you stay in the sites accomodation? If yes, what did you think of it-it looks a little dated in the photos!
Cheers
mitch
The sand on the nearest beach (the one in the webcam view) is more like shingle, so not much good for sand castles. However the further you walk along the coast the finer the sand becomes, this is what we ended up doing so the kids could get out there buckets and spades! all the beaches we went to were safe for young children as far as the incline into the water so no problems there. We don't stay in the sites accommodation so can't really comment although the log cabins do look quite nice. We use a company called Camping life (formally French life) we stay in a cottage style mobile home very nice and just a couple of years old. They are very cheap and always really helpful. Have a look at http://www.campinglife.co.uk
cheers Maff
hi Maff,
Sorry to keep going on but, just one more question; Is the site, and area, any good for cycling , i.e not too hilly ?
Cheers
Mitch
I don't remember too many hills although we are usually in a hire car, they do hire bikes on the site so I guess it must be ok for cycling.
Hi Mitch1000, we were in that area this year and you have the best of both, i.e. there are hills to climb, walk or cycle, while there are large river valleys with miles of relatively flat ground with excellent scenery, oh by the way I do not work for the local tourist board but it in my opinion a lovely area.
Great campsite spotless, i have stayed in the small chalets some pics of the campsite i have put on the costa brava photo gallery, great for kids, the beach is great for kids to, llfranc the next resort is a lovely coastal walk of about 15 mins away with great views, or 10 mins if you dont go the coastal route, a lovely place you will enjoy it, anything else just ask
hi
i have worked on that site for three years. it is beautiful. extremely friendly and well run.
the pine lodges on the campsite are (in my opinion) fantastic although there is no oven in them if you need one of them.
there is also keycamp on there in addition to the companies already mentoined or sieata holidays.
if you have any questions i will answer you honestly.
hole amigo

i have worked on la siesta for three years, id be happy to answer and questions for you. they would be 100% honest but it would be my opinion so yours may differ, but you can ask if you like.
regarding the pine lodges, i noticed you have kids. If you require an oven then the pine lodge is no good coz they havent got them. other than that i think the pine lodges are fantastic, absolutley gorgeous.
Hello I've been very interested to read the comments on this site as we are thinking of taking our 5 year old there this summer. Do people think it is possible to do without a car eg can you get to shops etc. easily? I'd be happy to use public transport also and get a transfer from the airport as I don't think there are any buses.
Also is it good for a 5 year old?
Thanks Sharon
has anyone been nto la siesta with costabravadirect?if so,what were your impressions?also can anyone suggest taxi firm for transfer from gerona to la siesta,2 adults,4 kids under 10?thank you!!!!paul
I have been to that resort with Siesta holidays who help with airport transfers, as for costa brava direct I believe they have something to do with Redcrest, a company that went out of business last year. Costa brava direct have the same address and occupy the same accommodation on the la siesta site so I would be careful :(
Callella de parafrugel is a small village with lots of shops, restaurants and bars and of course beaches. The La Siesta site is a short walk away. Buses stop outside the camp site and go to the next town Parafrugel, I have walked it but it takes about 20mins and its best to ask directions from rep before setting off. There are coach trips to Fuerteventura and water parks etc in summer from the campsite :lol:
The buses used to be every hour into the town of palafrugell, where you could get one to other resorts if you wished, it is a nice flat walk from the campsite if your feeling fit, like reported about 20 minutes, but it as plenty of shops for your needs in the village nice retraunts and little bars, the campsite also as a well stocked up supermarket

Rosie
We have been travelling to Calella De Palafrugel for over 15 years with one company or another. We now feel too old for the campsite and have been trying to book an apartment in the town or thereabouts. Unfortunately because there are only two of us not many about and also they only seem to take bookings from Sat to Sat and there are not many flights from Scotland these days. Has anyone arranged their own travel/accommodation in this resort also is it easy to get taxi etc from Gerona to resort. Could try going somewhere else but have done that a few times over the years and always regreted it ! Thanks to anyone with any advice.
http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/default.aspx?utm_id=1&ho=1&LocId=218699&q=Palafrugell+holidays

These seem to have cheap flights for anyone interested, i put june in from glasgow and it came up at 75 pounds

Rosie
Does anyone know if the appartments in the top complex on the la siesta camp can be rented?
I think you can rent them from the campsite, not absolutely sure though,

try this

http://www.campinglasiesta.com/

Rosie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.