Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
2 weeks and i'll be tucking in:
Saganaki, Grilled Halloumi, Tzatziki, Fried Aubergines, Stuffed Peppers, Stuffed Vine Leaves, Greek Salad, Veggie Moussaka, Giant Beans....
What won't i be eating :wink
Meat by the sound of it Marcus!!
All washed down with copious amounts of Mythos and Metaxa 7 star!!!!
Got to wait until June for my Greek food, although I cook it at home, it's not just the same, looking forward to Saganaki, Moussaka endless crusty bread with Olive oil dripping from it, washed down with a bottle of Mythos, yummie !
Also, Feta cheese and olive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I spent 3 months living in Greece and learnt how to cook the food. You can't recreate it in England because it doesn't taste the same. The water makes a difference apparently and the veg is more organic there. I miss it terribly and can't wait for a Greek salad with fresh crumbly salty feta
:D
You lot are making me flippin drool.
Rick.
Hello people!
I am a diabetic. So...no booze"¦ no Ouzo!!! On the grill I tossed on some Halloumi cheese that I got a specialty store here in San Diego"¦ With a little fennel seed.Then I grilled some 7 Grain bread brushed with olive oil and pesto. Took the bread off the grill, waited for the cheese"¦ OPA! Squirted a lemon over everything, and had a fantastic appetizer!

4 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
8 oz. Halloumi, sliced in ¼ in" pieces
1 Lemon (juiced)
1 tsp Fennel Seed
Salt & Pepper to taste

With fennel seed, salt & pepper to taste, add to the cheese and grill it up! Olive oil or pesto is spread on to one side of each slice of bread. Then toast the bread on the grill for about 2 min. a side. Serve everything in a serving dish with lemon juice. Time to eat! I want an OPA!!!
Excellent!!!
I just love Greek food!!!! Going to get my fix at a Greek restaurant tomorrow as we are not going to Greece this year (I wish I had gone somewhere in Greece this week but that's covered elsewhere on this website!) thinking of wangling a trip next June or September but not sure which island just yet!
My fav Greek foods are saganaki, proper Pyros kebabs, Greek salad with lots of Feta cheese in it, lamb kebabs and the gorgeous custard pies and Weetabix cakes! Yum!!! :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.