Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Perhaps you could suggest that they fly your mum from Madrid to Heathrow then on to Dublin rather than only offering you a day earlier or later?

I do see that the evening Aer Lingus flight from Madrid is not showing as operating (I assume it was that flight your mum was booked on?).

there are plenty of flights from Madrid to London and onwards to Dublin. Maybe worth a bash?

Nivsy
In fact correction to above - Aer Lingus have a flight on the 28th at 20.15 from Madrid to Dublin.

Its showing as a basic fare of 28 euros on the Aer Lingus web site!

Nivsy
Thanks for the reply,I had asked them if she could fly direct from Sp to heathrow and then to Dublin but they said they couldn't do that as the flight from madrid to dublin was with Iberia and they couldnt change her to another airline,she would just have to wait for the next days Iberia flight!
Iberia are certainly not offering a flight on the 28th. That much seems to be correct.

I would still think that if waiting to the 29th is not satisfactory to your mum, you should be able to request a refund as they cannot or will not offer you an alternative connecting flight with another carrier on the 28th and then you could just book separately the evening Aer Lingus flight on the 28th to Dublin from Madrid.

Certainly your mum would have quite a long wait at Madrid and would have to pick up her bags on arrival and re check in later with Aer Lingus - however she would at least reach Dublin on the same date.

Rather poor show actually from a scheduled operator......(Iberia)...and I think they should through the agency you booked with being offering overnight accommodation. I would suggest you press your travel agent hard.

Nivsy
Thanks again for the reply nivsy,I will phone them again and push them a bit harder!
This very much depends on how the ticket is worded, if it is been issued as Sao Paulo - Dublin via Madrid then Iberia are liable under the EU rules (it's a flight to an EU destination with an EU carrier). If you haven't got the ticket yet you could have problems.

if they have been issued by the agent as two seperate tickets then Iberia might be liable if they really have cancelled BUT it's possible the agent only got a place on a standby list.

we then come to the question of insurance, if you have a confirmed itinery that shows the original plan you may be able to claim something under "Delays".
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.