Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi Rachael,
The price you have been quoted is about the going rate for one week at that time of year with regard to the "major players i.e. CBR, Greekstones and others. Kefalonia is certainly not the cheapest island in terms of car hire. However, there are cheaper alternatives and i have used them myself and saved a reasonable amount.
I did a quick check on one of the companies i have used and based on a driver aged 30, for a small car (usually a Chevrolet Matiz) in early July i got a quote of 163 euros. This is delivered and collected from your accomodation in Skala (or anywhere!) at a time you choose. Take a look and see what you think!............www.economycarrentals.co.uk

Good Luck!

John :cheers
you're a star! Thanks for taking the time to do that.
John,

Thank you for the link, going to Kefelona Sept 2011 and will be looking for car hire.
If you would like a car at the start of your holiday from the airport (you could follow the transfer coach to your appartment) try emailing this company I have used them twice a year for the last 12 years and they have never let me down, e-mail cefalonia_rentacar@yahoo.gr They also will rent from 1 day to as much as you want they are in Lassi tel:- +30 26710 24078, 2620
Thanks for the tips. I'm not going to Skala, but would like to pick a car up from the airport for 2 weeks at the end of August. Some years ago I used a company with offices just across the road from Argostoli port -I can't remember the name (if anyone has his Email I would try him again).
More recently, I've used the main internet companies, but many are asking for silly money this year -and- there are so many problems reported on the 'review' sites, I think I would prefer to deal directly with a local company again.The cheapest of the 'main players' at the moment is Easy Car. Has anyone got any experiences with Easy Car in Kefalonia they would like to share? Who is their local rental partner?
we just used Kefalonia rent a car- as recommended to me on here. They are not based in Skala but dropped and collected car at hotel. They were BRILL! So friendly - helpful and lovely. Dealt with Polly there and her lovely Dad dropped the car to us and gave us loads of advice and drew all over a map with places we should go. They were super cheap as well - 27e per day plus a 5% off for paying cash. That wasnt even their cheapest car and price included a carseat for a child.
Would use again
Glad you found Cefalonia rent a car as good as my small write up said. I knew you would be pleased if you received the service that we have had for so long. I hope others follow your lead and enjoy the service we all long for when renting a car on holiday.
Anyone looking at this blog please note the company name mentioned is spelt with a C not a K (Cefalonia) there is a company that is spelt with a K it is not the same one. I have just updated this blog on Oct 2012
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.