Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi rachaelb - I enjoyed reading that, as we are going to Lassi in 3 weeks time. Thanks for taking the time to write it. If you get a chance, perhaps you could post a review of the hotel and resort in the review section on here.
Ha, I really enjoyed reading that too, I was almost there for a minute .... instead of in work ..... on nights!!!
Glad you enjoyed your holiday in Kefalonia. We went there on our honeymoon and as I had a bad leg at the time, OH bit the bullet and hired a car. What a fantastic island it is. As you say, Skala is a bit too British, but the beach is great, big enough to get your own patch early in the season. I would recommend that anyone brave enough should rent a car as you are missing a treat if you stay on resort. Just one thing.....if you see a sign on the road for a beach, please be careful as the roads tend to run out and by the time they do it's too late to change your mind and turn around, you need to be a confident driver as the sheer drops and very steep tracks and shingle make for a hair-raising drive....especially if you meet someone coming the other way! The beaches are great when you get there though. We had a Toyota Yaris which had no business being on those tracks even though it coped really well...as I said, you don't realise till it's too late....but I would have to recommend a four wheel drive.

No holiday this year due to circumstances, but this is one of the few Islands we would like to make a return visit to.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.