Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Skala Kefalonia
8 Posts
Sorry I can't help with Skala, apart from to point you here - http://www.greeka.com/ionian/kefalonia/kefalonia-villages/kefalonia-skala.htm We stayed for a fortnight in Lassi and had a wonderful holiday. We also visited Sami, which we enjoyed.
Hi flybynight

We went to Skala in Oct 2009. The resort is not overly hilly. There are several hotels along the beach road which is flat. This then entails a walk up a short hill to the bottom of the main street. The main street itself is on a slight and steady slope uphill from the sea.
There are quite a few newer accomodations which are a good walk out of the village. If you are looking at somewhere specific see if you can see it on GoogleEarth.
We enjoyed the village, there are enough tavernas to last a couple of weeks and a few bars. It seemed to me to be a place catering mainly for British tourists but I could be wrong.
I've not been to Skiathos so can't offer you a comparison. There are also several minimarkets and the usual trinket shops, car hire and a travel agency.
Hope this helps.

Yiamass, Jean
I have stayed in skala and whilst we had a lovely holiday and in terms of location ideally placed to visit all over the island I do think there are nicer places on this lovely island depending on what you are after. Its very much a holiday town with little or no Greek atmosphere, the beach isnt great, shingle. The main street is a steep hill up from the sea front. Not great in terms of a nice town to wander about at night just one main st and not much in the way of nice shops.

We would return to kefalonia in a heart beat but skala wasnt really for us. Sorry this is a little negative, its one of the most beautiful islands i have been to but skala was just a bit boring
We had a great family holiday in Skala, but it's very different to Skiathos. It depends what you're looking for really. Skala is on a slope and our apartments were at the top, we didn't mind but it might put some people off.
Skala was a bit too British for my liking. I think there are far nicer resorts on Kefalonia.
Have a look at Agia Efimia, Sami, Assos.
I would agree with all of those suggestions, Sami has the benefit of being close to the most beautiful (pebble) beach in the world IMO, anti samos. Also lovely is katelios but v. Quiet.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.