Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Dave...........not got the answer ....sorry asked 2 weeks back about carhire at Paphos airport, my concern was if the car didn't turn up.
Glad I read your post as on the verge of doing Holiday Auto......hubby gets a bit of a discount....but after 4 hours flight,,,,,,,,who wants to wait that time for a car.
Hope someone takes pity on us, and answers the question
Jay :?
Pafos airport is undergoing a lot of development and rebuilding work, in fact it is a mess, it was never good at the best of times, at the moment it is a nightmare, I go most weeks and parking is almost impossible, there have never been many car hire desk's there are I think just a couple, most hire companies pre arrange leaving there cars for you, keys under the mats, many use George of EasyRent, he is reliable and helpful if you can get him or his wife Tula on the phone, not that easy!! he is a busy chap.

Try this link off Google.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=paphos+airport+car+hire&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

George's Easyrent link http://www.easyrentacarltd.com/
Petsas have their own office. I won't use anyone else.

Petsas & Son link

Mark
You should Mark, me... :lol:
You doing car hire now, Jim? http://bestsmileys.com/wink/3.gif

Mark
Naaaa! Mark but I can be bought!! :wink:
So I've heard. 2 cans of Pedigree and you're anybodys! :shock:
Tip
the person who is hiring the car , goes straight through and leaves the other to get the cases. :lol: we were first in the queue this time and as everything had been paid for over the net and i have a card with our CY contact details and CY phone number we were done in minutes.
I have never understood the need to:

Get straight out of your seat as soon as the seatbelt light goes out

Rush to get off the plane

Get to the edge of the carousel

Barge everyone out of the way when you've got one of your cases

Barge your way back to the edge of the carousel

Barge back out again (ten minutes later, having missed case no 2 on its first spin around)

RELAX, YOU'RE ON HOLIDAY! Siga, Siga. :wink:

Mark
Mark, you forgot:-

Rise 'en masse' as soon as the gate number is called (either end).

Sit trapped in the holding pen, ( they've got your passort now and you aint getting back out! ) till they call you forward.

Panic in case you're not first on the plane, ( even tho you have to wait for the likes of me who goes through at the last possible minute ), just in case there's no room in the luggage racks. :yikes

Ahhhh, the joys of travelling :hyper

Cheers,
Jinty
Tell me about it :roll:
Agre with everything!

kath x
This is completely off post but we want to share this idea!

The Pafos Survival Guide:
Buy 2 small bottles of wine per person on the plane during bar service.
When the plane lands: CHILL - "We're on the ground and safe!"
Leave plane Cypriot style - slllloooooowwwwllllyyyyy
Go through Passport control
Find a quiet corner of Pafos Airport and open said bottles of wine while everyone else watches the Arrivals Board (i.e. the 300 other people from 3 or 4 other UK planes)
Drink your wine for an hour or so while everyone else has picked up their case / s
When only 2 cases are going around and around and no one else is waiting grab the cases - they must be yours - if not they may have more in them than yours!
Stagger to arrivals
Phone 'George' to pick you up in your rental car
Wait 10 minutes
Fall into your car
Arrive at your hotel
Fall out of your car and book in ...

HEH

You're on holiday and can't even remember what you did at the airport!

How's that?

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Excellent :tup
Im going to open a chat thread so we wont go off topic (I'm the worst culprit) :oops:

Kath x
After some thought and searching, have decided to go with Petsas.....no problem with meeting at airport, price good and recommendations on HT .
J
jayjaya wrote:
decided to go with Petsas

I'm sure (with quite a few years experience with Petsas under my belt) you'll be pleased with the service/vehicle you get.

Mark
Mark you were one of my reasons, constant praise from people is worth alot.
Thanks
Jay
Oh God!
I hope they don't let you (and me!) down. :wink:

Mark
Anyone been with Enterprise Car Rentals?

Getting a quote of £124 GBP :
pick up 01.30am Paphos airport 23rd May - drop off Larnaca airport 30th May.

Seems a good price as everything is included............

Cheers,
Jinty
CY£14 ish per day. Sounds reasonable, but what type of car?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.