Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Car Hire
354 Posts
Hi,
We are going to the Electra Holiday Village for 2 weeks in July/August.
We want to hire a open top jeep for a few days, but dont know whether to pre-book before we leave or to just book one when we fancy it when we get there.
What is usually the price difference in doing it either way? and because we are going peak season would it be hard to book one when we get over there?

Can anyone recommend a good firm that we could use around the area?

Thanks
Stevei
We hired an open top jeep when we were in Protaras a few years ago, we hired it in resort but it wasn't in peak season. However, we did notice that there were a lot of them about at the time.
edwardes.m, hoping you can help - looking at Pestas I am getting around £20cyp a day for a polo/fiesta.

What is the trick of getting a car for about 14/15 cyp a day?

Need to hire for 2 weeks Sept/Oct collecting at Larnaca airport. Im definately having a blonde day :lol:

thanks a lot
Jaime C :wave
Just booked Petsas. Yaris £16cyp per day.

Thanks edwardes.m (Mark) for your help through a PM.

Jaime C :wave
We had a bad experience with Thrifty Car Hire. After a blow-out on the motorway near Lmassol I found that the jack supplied with the VW polo was a Nissan scissor type and there was no jack handle with it. After a bit of pratting about with a 10mm spanner, and looking at the new wheel, it was a totally different tyre. Our spare was a wide rimmed low profile and the fitted one was a standard profile, standard rim. It's points on your licence for that in the UK. The rep got an ear-bending and so did the hire firm.

NOT impressed.
Off to Cyprus in September and need a bit of info on car hire in and around the resort of Protaras please.

Who did you use and who would you recommend?
Petsas

Email them for a quote. Normaly cheaper than website prices.
I've used them for years and never been let down.

Mark
Merged with existing car hire topic. Lots of advice in earlier posts.

luci :wave
Just used Petsas, excellent upgraded to VW Golf, met at airport in Paphos. Would use again..........Mark print off all these recs and they should give it you for free.
Jay
Hi all

Looking to hire a car in mid July :D , something like a Vitara or Rav 4, as anybody any recommendations as to where to go, also, is there a major difference between a three day hire or a week. Any advice would be appreciated. :)
At the least, I should be on commission! :lol:

Mark
Off to Protaras in three weeks time. We will probably hire a small car (with a/c) for 5 days or so mid holiday. Any recommendations on where to hire from in resort? And if anybody has an idea of what we can expect to pay.

Thanks
Trish
Petsas!!
lol......Where abouts are they located in Protaras or are they online only?
Well Mark!

You wore me down and I decided to give Petsas another chance! Was I ever glad, the difference in the treatment from the Ayia Napa/Protaras office to the Limassol office is night and day.

Picked up a lovely little new Polo at Paphos airport which we returned to Protaras 8 days later. Then rehired later in our holiday for another 12 days, and after having a little moan about not liking the Fiesta I had been given, it was promptly changed to my little Polo the next day!

In between this, my son arrived unexpectedly with his family and wanted a car. What a fabulous deal he was given (better than mine I might add :roll: ) My son and his wife are both totally deaf without speech and Antonis was excellent with them.

Should add my rate was a very reasonable 15cyp per day.

I just can't find a single fault and what a lovely man to deal with, hats off to Antonis (manager), and I hope his company appreciate him :)

Cheers,
Jinty
When we're over in September I'm going to see about getting some commission! :wink:

I simply can't fault Petsas.

Mark
If it's Antonis, remember me to him Mark.

Just say it's the lady from Ayia Triada who kept getting lost :lol: , ( good to know nothing changes! ).

He actually gave me a little present of beads on a key ring, I'm sure it was worry beads, more about his worries over his car I think :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Jinty
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.