Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
CAR HIRE
58 Posts
You could try autos valls or villa cars both are good

http://www.autosvalls.es (think thats right!)

http://www.villacars.es

Both can deliver to the airport

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
We used carjet in May this year, booked over the internet. Had no problems, they are based at the airport now. Car was excellant and the staff were nice and helpful.
Its good to hear theyre at the airport now, as its a bit of a kerfuffle going to their old office!

I want to hire a car for either 3 days or a week while we are in Cala 'n' Blanes in August Can any one suggest a car hire company near to the Hotel Cala 'n' Blanes
Sorry if this is off-post, I was recently in Mallorca rather than Menorca, but I though you may want to know about my experience with Hiperrentacar.
This is a copy of a message I sent to Holiday Autos, who are the broker for Hiper Rent A Car:
"I recently hired a car through one of your subsidiaries, HiperRent A Car, from their office in Palma, Mallorca. I arrived as planned on 2-August 2005 at 11:30am and was taken to their office by minibus, arriving about 12pm. I then waited 3 hours in temperatures of 29 degrees, along with my two young children whilst they tried to locate a car for me. I have not been offered any kind of compensation from Hiperrentacar, despite complaining to them directly. They are obviously over-selling their vehicles and I was the victim of this practice on the first day of my holiday. I would be grateful if you could repsond to this message, indicating what action and/or compensation you think is appropriate."
(I am waiting for their reply. )
As if waiting three hours wasn't bad enough, at one point this poor bloke was robbed of his wallet whilst loading the boot of his hire car.
If you are booking through Holiday Autos, beware of Hiper Rent A Car.
Have had bed experiences with hiper myself, wouldnt recommend them.

We are due to go to Menorca for the first time in August. Can anyone give us advice on car hire.

We will be arriving late (around 11.30pm) and will have to make our own way to the villa when we get there.

Is it worth hiring a car before we go, or getting a taxi from the airport and hiring when we get there?

Could anyone suggest any good companies to use?
Many thanks in advance
Maria
As its your first time in Menorca, I would recommend a taxi as it will be late and dark.

What resort are you staying at? I can give you a rough idea of the taxi cost.

You can then get a car the next morning in resort, I would also, recommend holiday autos.
We will be staying in Trebeluger, which is about 10mins drive from airport.

We havn't got a lot of information about the village we are staying in, but it seams very small, so we are not sure if a car hire place will be close to the villa.
I couldnt find a fare for trebeluger, but did for cala en porter, which is supposed to be 10 mins too.

The fare is approx 14 euros, but you need to confirm with your driver before setting off.

I am not clued up about your resort, but usually, the car hire companies have desks in the hotels in resort.
Just to let you know that Auto Europe have 15% off people carriers at the moment!!!!
visiting valentin apts in son bou in july. will i need to hire car before going or will plenty cars be available when there :?: best place to hire from :?: thanks 8)
Looking to hire a car for 2-3 days in Oct.Roughly how much to hire a car per day.Thanks
:D
we were in arenal last week where we hired a car, the deal was 3 days- pay for 2. it worked out 30 euros per day,plus petrol, for a 5 door with a/c. but shop around, being october you may well get a better deal than that. good luck :)
Then again, it would only cost £80 + fuel for an economy size car (ie. Peugeot 206) with A/C for a week in October if you pre-book over the internet. I got this price from the Amigo Autos website below who we used for our Menorcan car hire last month.

http://www.amigoautos.co.uk/car-hire/Spain/menorca/
  • Edited by Robbo11 2006-10-08 21:27:56
We just got not a bad deal for 3 days 17th to 20th....at

ww.carjet.co.uk

£63.00 all in and includes 1 free extra driver
hi there can anyone help us, can you hire a car from the airport? and if so who is the cheapest and does anyone know a car hire website. thanks for any help . ANT.
You certainly can hire from the airport. Here are a couple of competitively-priced car hire agent sites that I have used in the past.

http://www.amigoautos.co.uk/
http://www.carjet.com/
Personally, I would book one before rather than wait till you are at the airport.

It is only a tiny airport, and if you are there at peak times you could wait ages.

Or better still, taxi to your resort, and hire a car once there, to be dropped back at the airport.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.