Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Claire try http://www.economycarhire.co.uk they are UK based and we hired a car from them on our last trip to Algarve. We didn't need CC we simply left a €50 deposit for the full tank of petrol which we got back on our drop off.

From ecomomycars website:-

Fully-inclusive car hire with no insurance excess, unlimited mileage and FREE additional driver. Pay nothing in the event of an accident
or theft.

This company come well recommended in the Algarve forum but they do operate in Menorca also.
I just rang them and they said all their suppliers need a credit card now :cry:
They won't accept your mother's credit card if she is not with you as when they take the CC imprint she would have to sign for it.
We are using Poppy cars this year and I don't think they want your credit card. They meet you at the airport. :)
Vick's right. Poppy Cars don't require a credit card - you can pay in Euros or travelers cheques if you want. They are not as cheap as Carjet but could solve your problem. One other thing. I don't know if it applies to you Cosmicbabe but it looks like Poppy cars don't hire to anyone 25 or under who hasn't held a full driving licence for at least 3 years. This is different to Carjet where you must be at least 21 and need only have held a full licence for 2 years.

http://www.poppycars.com/index.htm
hi not been to menorca for a few years now

i would like to know if anyone knows of a car hire firm at the airport , i think i would like to drive around the island to see how much it has changed . and it would mean if i had a car i would be able to knock the transfers off my booking .

thanx :D :D :D
Hello!

We are off to Menorca in June and are searching for car hire at the mo!! :shock:

I have so far tried Carjet / Poppycars / Economycarhire

(Still deciding)
:D
Claire
Just got back from Menorca after 2 weeks and booked a car from Carjet. On arrival turned out to be from http://www.ownerscars.com/index.php?leng=eng and also TUI cars. No problem except that I went to the Centauro desk where I went to 2 years previously but I was sent to the next desk. Anyway all was fine, the desk is in the arrivals hall where I sorted the paperwork while my better half loaded the suitcases giving us a flying start on the queue building up. No problem on return just returred the key to the other side of the same desk. So Carjet, Ownerscars or TUI I mhad no problems with car or the system although I do prefer to start with a full tank and return with a full tank rather than return with an empty as requested. More profitable for them I guess.
Phil
we are going in June and after many reccomendations will be using poppy cars. They meet you at the airport with the car and pick up from the airport on your return. There are no hidden extra costs.
Hope this helps
Surprised at cost of airport transfers, so am looking for an alternative
Any suggsetions please ?
Try Autos Maximo's web site. We just returned from Menorca and used them for a new Fiat Panda for 3 days for 70Euros, 1 week was 150E. They can be collected from resort or airport. Prices are all-inclusive.
I use http://www.doyouspain.com/ after people from this site recommended them.

Never had a problem, worth a look.
We always use Autos Amigos, very reasonable, meet you at arrivals and leave car in arrivals car park on return.
We have just come back from Menorca and used Poppy cars who I can not find any fault with - their service was excellent. Whilst they may not be the cheapest the last thing you want it to arrive at the airport to wait for a bus to take you somewhere to pick up your car - you wont with Poppy cars.

We researched a lot before we booked and could not find a single negative review.

They met us at arrivals and return the car at the arrivals, you pay for half a tank of fuel and return empty so no worry about last minute fill-ups (and you will have plenty of fuel to get to your destination).

Childrens car seats all ready without any sudden 5 Euro per day (had that many a time), roof rack and straps all ready on our car. Helped with the cases. Payment by card.

They were extremely friendly (the kids got 5 Euro for an ice-cream!) Oh and the car was fine too - exactly as specified.

I have fallen foul before and quickly written negative reviews so I am now pleased to be giving a recommendation!
:D Excellent! We have booked with them and leave in 2 weeks - so now looking forward to the no hassle car hire drama i had last year with CarJet!!!
Just returned our hire car was book through economycarhire and provided through Hiper who are based on the main road from the airport. They collect you then bus you to the depot.

Car was a brand new Touran just 700km on the clock. Dealt with quickly and efficiently - two extra drivers added for no extra charge, baby seat was €3 per day. Fuel deposit of €66 was paid, but I filled up before we returned the car and this was refunded.

All Hiper cars appeared to be new and they had a huge selection - one guy was kicking up a right fuss because they offered him a Skoda!!!
Hi, just returned from 2 week holiday. Used carjet, which then issued us with Owners Cars( desk in arrivals). No probs, in fact we got a bargain as we only reserved a Micra and when we arrived were upgraded to a 4 door a/c Corsa!! Great value, and straightforward, would use again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.