Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
carnival liberty
39 Posts
Hi we are doing a carribean cruise on the Carnival Liberty this Aug can give you
info on our return :)
ann
thanks for that we are just hoping there are launderettes as the thought of all the kids clothes we would need for the 12 days it would be cases galore. :)
Yes, there are laundrettes on board. If you go to the Carnival website, go to FAQs and click in "Can I wash my clothes on board?", it will give you the information. (For some reason, the site won't allow me post a link).

We're booked on the same itinerary leaving Dover on June 26th next year, so I'll hopefully get a review up well before you leave.
thats good news thanks or that enjoy your cruise :)
Thanks donalk :tup The link is HERE

Unfortunately new members are not allowed to post links to try and prevent spamming of the forums.

luci :wave
Hi would any one who has been on this ship please help ,we are doing a carribean cruise
this Aug and wonder whether we will be o k to miss the formal evening ,reason being we
have 2 weeks after the cruise in Orlando and Las vegas and could do without packing suits
for the men as they take a lot of the luggage alowance,gratefull for any information.
thanks ann
You can always miss formal evenings if you want and eat at the casual dining buffets-
Have a look at some reviews of the choices onboard.
http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review_page2.cfm?ShipID=360#dining
Of course you can always go to the dining room anyway dressed in smart casual, many people do and I don't know anyone who gets upset about it. The staff will not comment and you will be made welcome no matter. :)
I never do formal dress anymore but I eat where I choose, depending on the mood and what's on the menu.
Of course you can always call for room service and get a good selection, free, 24hrs a day ;)
Carnival have actually dropped the 'formal' designation, and replaced it with what they are calling "Cruise Elegant". For men, they ask for dress slacks and a dress shirt, and 'suggest' a sports coat. Tuxedos are welcome, but unnecessary. To be honest, if there's a difference between that and "smart casual", I'm not really sure what it is.
Thank you both for the information,getting suits into the cases is something
we can do without,it will be smart slacks and a nice shirt ,shall pack a few ties
just in case !!!:tup
thanks Ann
I'm a little concerned after Carnival announced last week it is pulling Freedom off its Mediterranean route next year. No indication that Liberty's Baltic cruises will be affected, but the way fuel is going, the US numbers to Europe next year could continue to fall.
1 Week to go and we shall be on the LIBERTY :clap :hols
ann&family
Lucky you! Bon Voyage.....
What's your itinerary?
Thank you ,its the western carribean ,7 days, Cozumel Mexico,Grand Cayman Islands, Ocho Rios Jamaica.
and 2 full days at sea, its from Miami ,after the cruise we are driving to Orlando for 4 nights then
flying to Phoenix for 3nights and finaly driving to Las Vegas for 8 nights,can,t wait :)
ann
I can just hear the Beach Boys singing -

"Round, round, get around, Ann gets aarond".

OK, I know I deserve to be banned for that pun. :yikes

Ann, I look forward to hearing your views on the ship when you get back.
That was a good :rofl ,will let you have all the news on our return but away
untill 24th Aug :wave:
ann
Hi any one on this cruise with us Sat2nd aug ??? :wave:
ann
Hi all,

recently did a short cruise on the Carnival Splendor (part of the inaugeral sailings).

This was the first time on a Carnival ship only having cruised with P&O and Princess,so went with an open mind.

The decor of the ship is totally over the top (as are most Carnival ships apparently)but we thought it was great fun--lots of glitz and glam!

Carnival knocks spots off of P&O with their fabulous food (last cruise on Oriana May 08)try the prime rib steak-you could cut it with a butter knife!!,also the warm chocolate melting pudding with vanilla ice-cream--mmmmm.

As stated by a previous op,Carnival has replaced formal night with a cruise elegant night.Most ladies dressed to the nines but not many tux's in sight--hubby was thrilled to bits that he did not have to wear his monkey suit.lol.

I don't know about other Carnival ships but I was suprised that the laundry rooms only have 1 iron/ironing board--get there early if you have lots of ironing(seemed empty most mornings).

Looking to book Carnival for next year---had a fantastic time.

Marysma
Hi marysma

I have asked for the Splendor to be added to our Cruise Reviews and would appreciate it if you could post a review of the ship once it has been added.

Thanks

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.