Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Have just returned from an all inclusive week at the Liberty Hotel in Skanes. The hotel itself was excellent. The staff were nice and the rooms clean but the all inclusive side was a bit of a let down. I felt it was more full board as as there were three set times for meals with no other food available outside of these times appart for about one hour, if you were lucky, when biscuits were served with tea and coffee. The choice of drinks at the bar was pretty bad. There was coke, lemonade etc but the choice of alchohol was poor. There was lager, wine, two cocktails and bhuka. There were the local drinks thibarine and cedratine which were both used in the cocktails but you could not get them on their own unless you had a mixer with them, which does tend to ruin them. You could though buy them in the pay bar, which defeats the object of all inclusive, especialy as local drinks were supposed to be part of the all inc package. The Sahara Beach hotel just down the road inluded these drinks plus many more and there was food available all day.

Another problem we had was with the holiday reps or lack of them we never saw them at the hotel or airport and on our return the coach never turned up to take us to back to the airport. luckily we had some money left and got a taxi. We had contacted the firm to confirm the coach and was told it would be there 2 to 3 hours before our flight time.

This was my first time to Tunisia and would highly recommend it . The people are very friendly the weather was great, not too hot and getting about was cheap and easy. The taxi drivers were also very helpfull . Both Monastir and Sousse are well worth a visit, very quiet this time of year, but if it is all inclusive you are after the Liberty hotel does not quite hit the mark.
I am going to the Liberty Hotel in Skanes for Christmas & the New Year with my boyfriend....I was wondering if anyone had been to this hotel recently as the reports are mixed.....
Also what the weather would be like at this time of the year....
Would I need suncream etc...
Thanks a lot for any help, advice or comments...
Rozie
Any one been lately....might go 4th July
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.