Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Carnival
7 Posts
Goa Carnival is the week of the Beginning of Lent. Shrove Tuesday and Ash wednesday been 5th and 6th Feb. You might just be able to catch the end of the Carnival if the 9th of Feb is the day you arrive rather than set off.
i will be in candolim so will we get to see the carnival there. or will we have to travel
Not sure about Candolim but definitely Carnival on the High St in Calangute every year. The one in Panjim is good to see - the best spot being the Mandovi Hotel Restaurant - great view of all the passing floats.
GFF xx
what day would i have to be there, or does the festival last for a few days. thanks
Hi
What is the carnival about please? What is there to see?

Does anyone know if anything happens in South Goa as I will be there on the 6th?

Thanks
Vickie
It is spread over three or four days. On one of the days (saturday?) the big parade is in Panjim with other parades in other places like Vasco and Margao. A day or so after the main parades there are smaller ones in many other places.
As for the south there was one last year on the final day in Benaulim.
The local english press usually has all the details of where and when.

Geoff
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.