Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Goa Carnival
15 Posts
Those dates sound about right. Good place to watch in Panjim is from the restaurant/bar at the Mandovi Hotel.
GFF
goldenflipflops.

Have you any idea what time it starts and on what days.

I will be in Colva on 26th Feb onwards. Have you any idea if anything will be happening in Margao around that time? if so, where, when etc.

If you could help we would appreciate it. We would like to experience it!!

cheers.
I saw a list of locations and events in a leaflet somewhere recently but must have binned it in one of my cleaning rages.
I'll keep an eye on the local press and will get back to you with details.
GFF xx
Have found this for you.
The Carnival is 25th to 28th,
King Momos parade in Panjim is on 25th.

The Herald paper has dates in it most days when different events are being held, There is one in Margoa but not sure of the date, it is not the 25th.

Enjoy your self
Sam.

Thanks for that. Will miss the Panjim one as we arrive on 26th. If you could somehow find out about Margao I would appreciate it.

What times do these sort of events start? Does the Herald have an on-line edition that we can refer to?

Cheers.
Thank you very much
I thought the link I posted gave details of times, places etc? :hmmm
Oooops, my apologies Fiona. Don't know how I missed it. Have just clicked on it. Many thanks. Hope I am not too jet lagged on the 26th to go to Margao. Must be worth the effort though.
its ok- it was just I was beginning to wonder if there were two carnivals!! :lol:
Does anyone know the exact dates for the 2008 carnival, i think its usually in Feb,

When we where in goa for the first time in 2005 it was all over before we realised it had begun.
:wave
Can anyone help :!:
Are there any festivals in april :?: i cant go in feb when the carnival is on, i can only go in april due to college and would like to go when one is on :)
Carnival is always held on the weekend before Lent. which starts on Ash Wednesday ie 40 days before Easter. So the actual dates move each year but is sometime in Feb. It is the same date as the carnival in the Rio and parts of the Caribbean. I agee the Mandovi hotel balcony is a great place to view the parade, but the last few years you have had to book a meal to get access.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.