UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Does anyone know how much bike hire is for the day for adults and children? Am budgetting for our weekend visit to Sherwood in March. Thanks
Its £21 for either an adult traditional or mountain bike. They do medium and large frames, depending on how tall you are and how good you are at biking.

For children's bke hire is about £10 each.

If you've got little kids they offer a "tag-a-long" bike which bolts on the back of your bike to make a tandem, so they get to "bike" but don't get so tired.

For the babies, they offer a "burley trailer" which is like a pull along push chair, thats fully waterproof.

Both of these are £10 to hire.
Thanks for the reply. We've had the stuff through from Center Parcs now and I was disappointed you now can't hire bikes for the day (and they've hiked the prices up since last time we went 2 years ago quite heftily!). Think we are gonna go 'en pied'

They've also stopped the 'cheap' Aqua Sana spa sessions on Monday mornings and moved it to the afternoon. Considering you have to be out of villas by 10am, I don't think its worth the stress of having to find somewhere to wait about for 3 hours before going. We've booked for Monday morning full price (£35 - still not bad but was £22 2 years ago).

I've been to CP Sherwood about a dozen times now over the same amount of years and was quite surprised to not get any 'Select Guest' tokens this time. Seems this scheme is now kerput too.

I've told the kids to enjoy CP this time (we've booked all sorts to do - at a hefty cost!) as we probably can't afford to keep going much longer :(
Sadly I think CP is so popular they feel they can charge what they like. Its always been pricey, but its getting ridiculous now
you can hire bikes for the day still.

But it runs from about 9:00am till 5:00pm when the Cycle Centre is open.
And instead of doing the spa on Monday morning before you leave, they do a cheaper evening session on Friday for when you arrive.
That's good about the bikes. Thanks for the info :) They don't advertise the day hire online or in the pre-holiday info so I just assumed they didn't do.

I would love the cheap spa on the Friday but the kids are with us (and seems a bit daft forking out for time out club/babysitter). They are going home on Sunday night though (can't have them missing school!) so we get to chill on the Sunday night/Monday morning.
It's best to ask nowardays isn't it, i only know it cause i work for Center Parcs :)
Ah well, just got back from Sherwood - 6th visit but spread out over about 14 years.

It seems to have lost something....its full of Chavs, 4x4s dumped anywhere in the Car Park, walking were they want for a shortcut, being loud outside starbucks, but ever so smartly kitted it on their Berghaus and Brashers. The fat blokes in sweats and trainers have increased a bit, too. I heard a conversation along the lines of "no,we are just in a comfort plus this year"...get a grip.

Whilst on my rant - what IS the point of the Willow appartments......cars parked outside the front door in a little cul-de-sac of what can only be described as wooden Barrett starter homes....a little piece of Essex in Sherwood forest...pukka, eh...

Ah well, it was fun whilst it lasted
hi, im thinking of going to centre parcs this december hopefully a couple of weeks before christmas with my fiance to enjoy the winter wonderland and get in the festive spirit!
i was thinking of going to sherwood, i want a cabin with a open fire, does anyone know which lodges have these? ive been on the site and its conflicting as when im looking at prices and click on more info it states that the comfort plus has a open fire but then when i go onto the accomadation info on the main site it mentions nothing and on the sherwood accomadation section it says there is no fire and there is only a fire in the new executive 1 bedroom lodges and some in the other new executive lodges, theres only about £20 difference in the price so i dont mind paying the difference to get an open fire.
has anyone been at christmas time, what is it like? weve never been to cp and i have wanted to stay in a log cabin for a while now, i hope it snows! also i will be about 17 weeks pregnant by then, is it suitable for pregnant ladies, obviouslyi wont be doing any extream sports! lol
any tips or info would be great thanks.
all the accommodation is good - if you are not happy let them know and they go out of their way to help you out thats all i can say
Its totally fine for pregnant ladies, I've been pregnant twice when we have been there, both times around 5 months!!
I thought all of the villas had real fires, but they have done such alot of refurbishing lately that this could've changed. Why don't you give them a ring? It's a brill pace, we love it there, especially just before xmas, it's so magical ;) Have a great time :wave:
thankyou, think i will give them a ring, just hope work let me have the days off!
hi, just thought id let you know that i phoned them and your right they do all have open fires, and ive read on a review that if your pregnant its only £5 for the spa instead of £35 as we cant use all the facilities so i think that is really good, ican still go in and relax but not have to pay the full amount as i cant get the full use of the spa, i hope its right, im going to call the spa and check!
just need to clear it with work now for either the 1st weekend in dec or 2nd, im hoping for the 2nd! fingers crossed, cant wait!
i called the spa and they said i can use 8 out of the 15 items in the spa and that its £10 for pregnant ladies, dont know wetger its gone up or if she was just saying that to see if i would question it, but the review i read was from aug 09 so i might call again closer to the time and question it, but £10 is still good from £35, but if i cn get it for £5 like someone eles has then i want too, i may go more than once for £5.
hi ive booked up now for 11th dec 3 nights at sherwood nottingham in an exectutive 1 bed lodge, has anyone stayed in one of these? also i was wondering it says we can check in at 3pm and check out at 10 am can we use the facilities in the village before and after these times? thanks im so excited!
Hi I'm so pleased you have booked up, we usually go around that time of year (Beg of Dec), it's our fave time, so christmassey, it's very magical. I can't help with the 1 bed exec lodge as we have only ever stayed in 3 bed comfort plus or woodland lodges, but friends of ours have stayed in the 2 bed exec and to be honest there wasn't a great deal of difference between our comfort plus we were staying in at the time except the exec had nicer lamps in the lounge and they got daily maid service included, but sometimes this can be more of an intrusion as there shouldn't be much to get messy when there is only 2 of you there for 3 days! There is a dishwasher included in both types of lodges so you won't even need to do dishes! You can refuse the maid service if you find it to be an intrusion, our friends did this.

Now regarding using the facilities, technically it does say in the brochure you can arrive onsite after 10.30am (I think it is) but you can't use the pool till around, it's either 12 or 2 pm, but to be quite honest no one checks when you go into the pool so you could be a new or old guest, basically they haven't a clue so you can easily use this before noon. On leaving day you can stay as long as you like, one year our friends were arriving the day we were leaving but we hung on to have a meal with them at Sherwood, however they got stuck in traffic and didn't arrive until 8.30pm, we then had our meal with them after this and left Sherwood at midnight lol!! It was a long day for us though as we had to check out of our accommodation at 10am, so my point is you can stay as long as you like!

We are not going this year and I have serious withdrawal symptoms, our kids love it there, Sherwood def being our favorite. I'm so jealous :( Have a great time and do come back on when you get back and let us know what you thought of it! :)
Hi all

I have an 8 bed villa booked for my daughter and her friends at centre parcs sherwood for her 16th Birthday. In the day, centre parcs is certainly ideal for a group of teenage girls, however i am wondering to what extent they need to keep the noise level down at night. As its her 16th, she would like to have on music etc back at the lodge. Is this a possibility?
Secondly, I am more than ok with her and her friends having a few glasses of champagne since its a special occasion, perhaps ciders on the side etc, is this ok?

Thanks
Mollie x
Are you accompanying them Mollie?

Taken from their booking t&C's :-

. Behaviour and compliance with this agreement
You are responsible for the behaviour of all members of your party.Behaviour should be in keeping with the family environment and should not be excessive, noisy or disruptive, especially at night. Offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in the Police being involved. Offensive or aggressive behaviour or language towards our staff is not acceptable. We may ask you and/or any member of your party to leave immediately if your conduct results in Police attendance or is considered by us to be inappropriate; likely to cause harm; or impair the enjoyment, comfort or safety of anyone; or is likely, in our belief, to breach any of this agreement. No refunds or compensation will be given in these circumstances and we reserve the right not to accept any future bookings from you or any member of your party.

As you have made the booking it may be wise for you to read the full section of t&c as you'll be the one responsible:-

http://www.centerparcs.co.uk/makeabooking/terms/index.jsp
Mollie, I haven't stayed at Sherwood but Center Parcs are usually built to quite high densities so the neighbours are never far away and they will need to keep the noise levels down if you are to avoid complaints from families in nearby villas.

Re the alcohol, what you are proposing is illegal in relation to under 18s, especially so if any of her friends are still only 15. Bear in mind that if there is an issue with noise that draws attention to the fact that they have had alcohol other than wine, beer or cider purchased for them to drink with a meal in a restaurant, then the person who purchased it is liable to prosecution. Obviously, what parents do in their own homes is usually under the radar and prosecutions for letting your 16 year old have a couple of glasses of wine at a family party rarely attract police attention but this is a little different as it will be taking place on someone elses property.

I'm assuming that you will be there to supervise them because it is a booking condition of Center Parcs that whoever booked the accommodation will be there to supervise and be responsible for all members of their party. So as long as you ensure that they don't get noisy enough to disturb the neighbours to the extent that they complain to on-site security you'll probably have no problem. However, if you won't be there and the party consists of a group of teenagers with no one over 21 present then I suggest that you need to reconsider and ensure that you will be there because you will be in breach of Center Parcs booking conditions and they could cancel the booking immediately they discover that they are there without what CP regards as adequate adult supervision.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.