UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
hi maseandleanne.

we stayed in the penthouse suite about 2 years ago i think. there were only two suites when we went and it did make us feel that much special!!( we have stayed a center parks many many times).

in answer to your questions....

1. the villa was plenty big enough to house a cot. our bedroom was massive as was the luxury bathroom!!

2. the area where the executive villas are has a small pond but it wasn't surrounded by the lovely trees and wild animals like i was used to seeing at center parks...saying that we were not overlooked at the back...which was a good thing as there was an outside sauna!!!! you had your own bit (very small) of private garden at the back. there was an upstairs balcony where the sauna was...two loungers...you basically looked out to a steep grass bank.

3. there are parking spaces here so we could park next to our villa......and you can get into your villa at noon.

4. is it worth the extra money....we went as a treat for me and my hubby. we've been to center parks loads of times and this was just the icing on the cake. the accomodation was perfect in every way.....1st class as far as i'm concerned.

if you want to know anything else just ask. medot.xx
hi maseandleanne, does is have to be sherwood i have stayed there and at oasis and the accommodation at oasis beats the rest hands down :P
Yes it has to be Sherwood, i am not quite sure about the Oasis Whinfell.

We have just booked the penthouse apartment.

But they didnt mention anything about the parking and early checkin - Medot did you also upgrade to VIP?
Appartently there is alos a honeymoon suite for an extra 80 quid which has a jacuzzi instead of the sauna. Might have to try that one out next time.

Going to make use of the aqua sana this time, and cant wait to try out the new rafts.
hi maseandleanne

i'm sure you wont be disappointed.

we didn't do the VIP upgrade. it was only when we got there that we found out we could drive up to our villa early and park right outside.

if you're booked the same one as us there was a massive corner bath...with seats in and everything...it also had a bubble machine.

you'll find that these villas are very near the aqua sana place.

enjoy it we did.

medot.xx
Thanks again Medot, quality reply.

It sounds if we have booked exactly the same one, its got a corner bath and is very close to the aqua sana. Im over the moon about the car parking space, its was soo funny last year watching all the doo-gooders lining up to get into the park with their cars an hour before opening.
We went for some food at 10:00 then had a stroll up to the villa, were we got talking to the maid, she give us the key at 12:00 as we offered our holiday champagne to her.
ooo yes that reminds me...we got a free bottle of bubbly, chocolates and a lovely bouquet of flowers as well.
Just a few comments on all of the above - we have stayed at Sherwood Forest many times

Nobody has mentioned La sapiniere restaurant which is by far the best quality restaurant (but also the most expensive) - definitely the place to go if you have a special occasion - there is a piano player who plays your reqests whilst you eat

The executive villas etc are worth the extra cost - all depends what your budget is

The spa is fantastic but when booking a 3 hour session ask them to recommend a time when it is likely to be quiet

The Medieaval feast is great for kids but I believe it only operates during midweek breaks

The Jazz Brunch on a Sunday is also good - really relaxing

The timeout Clubs are superb - best childcare facilities we have come across

We also thought the Indian restaurant was fantastic

All in all a superb family holiday
I am thinking of going to Sherwood in March next year and have looked on the website and see that you can choose the number of the accommodation you would like to stay in. I intend to book a 3 bed comfort villa for the family - 2 adults, 2 kids.

Can anyone advise the best area to book. There seems to be an endless choice and as I've never been to a Center Parc resort before its all a bit pot luck!

Reading the other reviews it looks like a great place to go.

Also are the bookable activities pricey. The kids want to go horse riding, archery if their ages allow amongst other things.

Any advice would be appreciated :?

Liz Zie
Although you can hire a bike - I would always advise people to book close to the dome

We ourselves like to use the Jardin de sports so we book a villa between there and the dome so we are close enough not to use the bikes if we don't want to

The Jardin de sports is also where the Timeout Clubs are for kids etc

The Sherwood Forest complex is very large and the vast majority of the facilities are near the dome so that is where I would advise anybody to book their villa
Thanks for the reply.

I've booked on the outskirts of the site but at the end near the village square north so hopefully we won't be too far out. Anyway, a bit of exercise doesn't hurt anyone! :lol:
dont stop is what id say !!!! arrive early enough to relax and enjoy ameal and a pint on site
Can anyone help with prices and times for the following activities? :?: We've booked for a mid week at Sherwood Forest for the end of September 2007 - our party consists of 6 adults (51 :? - 26 8) ) and one 18month infant :o .

Cycle Hire - Both Adult alone and Adult with trailer
Cycle Locks
Aqua Sana Spa

Archery - Target
Archery - Field
Woodland Carriage Ride
Ten Pin Bowling
Canopy Capers
Teddy Bears' Picnic
Dance Fever
Salsa
Grand Cascade Family Raft Ride
Badminton
Squash
Badminton Tournament
American Pool
Challenge Course
Freefall Abseiling and Gladiator Challenge
Adventure Golf
Pedalos
Rowing Boats
Five-a-Side Soccer
Beach Volleyball
Go Karting

And also any info on children's play areas (inside and out) and night time entertainment and prices would be fantastic!!

I've put the most important items in bold.

I know it's a lot to ask but we're a very active family and even some of the prices would be great!! :lol:
Hi, sorry I haven't got time to check all this out for you at the moment, but I know that I and others have posted prices on activities previously.

You might like to check back through this thread and the 'centerparcs uk' thread too for at least some answers!

I wouldn't say though that centerparcs has night time entertainment - kids disco and the odd themed event/dinnerand disco type thing butother than that it's just the restaurants - certainly no shows etc.
Sherwood CP is truly wonderful! :) have a great time!
I agree cyberkitten, we're off on Friday and can't wait - we really need the break this time!
Sherwood forest is brilliant. It was one of the best holidays we have ever had, it beats Ribbey Hall by miles.
Sherwood there are lots of places to eat, drink, lots of safe activities, In fact its exhausing and the accomodation is brilliant. Would recommend centre parks to anyone.
would echo everything last poster says-just come back from Easter at a haven park nr Scarborough and wish I'd been at CP -Sherwood-it's worth the extra pound IMHO
I have booked a midweek break in October at Sherwood Forest Centre Parcs and wondered if Day Passes were available and if so how much they cost as my Dad lives close by and would like to visit for my daughter's birthday.

Thank you.

Duncano
Day passes are available and have to be booked and paid for in advance by you the guest.

At the begining of the year they were £16 per adult and £10 per child for a full day or £7.50 per adult and £6 per child for an evening pass from 5pm. under 4's are free.

I shouldn't think that the prices would have changed much if at all.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.