Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Dawnlee

I'm not sure how helpful I will be but I used to work in Crete which is the most southern island and I went back there for Xmas 1 year and it was freezing!! The Greeks do not celebrate Xmas at all and it was just like any other day, I was actually quite homesick even tho' I am not particularly a Xmas lover.

The Greeks do celebrate Easter in a big way and the whole town/village come out with candles and go to church (if you can get in as they are so packed) so that is a good time to go.

Most of the islands shut down from about October to April and the Greeks go on their holidays or to Athens so personally I would not recommend it for a holiday unless you want peace and quiet, 2 local restaurants to choose from and plenty of walking etc.

Good luck!
Thanks very much for the advice but I think I shall have to look into travelling further away to be guaranteed some heat. :(

Cheers Dawn :wink:
How about Tunisia?

We went 2 years ago to the Royal Kenz Hotel - Thomson.

Lovely beaches, warm weather, 2 hour flight (or not far off!)
Different to Spain or Canaries which personally I don't like.

Nice resort and we went to the Sahara Desert for 2 days which was absolutely brilliant!!!!

x
If I'm honest with you Dawn - I wouldn't go to Greece in the winter.

If you can afford it I'd go long haul - at least you'll be guaranteed of the weather - and you can pick up some bargains if you're flexible.

Dawn
If you fancy Mediterranean style you could try Malta or Cyprus ???
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.