Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
i havent actually been there yet, but there are boat trips from akyaka to it, have a look at this link

http://www.marmarisinfo.com/sightseeing/cleopatra.phtml
Yes I have been to Cleopatra's Island it is beautiful, it's a good few years ago now since I went and if I remember correctly we went from Marmaris on a boat trip for the day but I don't think they do it now as I haven't seen it advertised for ages .
We went on a trip last July to Cleopatra Island. I am sure we paid around £18. This included being picked up and dropped off . We didnt leave from the main Marmaris marina but were bussed to a small bay where lots of boats were sailing from. The price included lunch and we also stopped at mud baths and a couple of other little bays.

The boat trip itself was enjoyable, lunch very nice, but personally we were a little disappointed in the actual island itself. When we got there we couldnt find a sun bed or anywhere to sit. Also if you wanted to swim in the sea you had to shower before you went in and then again when you came out. This involved waiting in a queue both times. It was also a bit rocky when going in although the colour of the sea was amazing. We were told before we went that you werent alowed to take towels with you yet when we got there many people did have their own towels.

We have been on many boat trips in Turkey which we have always enjoyed but wouldnt rave about this one. Sorry!
We also did this trip last year.We payed £17 each which inc lunch.The sandy beach is lovely,but we was told that we couldnt go on it because it is a conservation area,wish we had been told beforehand,they had toilets and a place selling drinks and snacks.Wouldnt go again!.
think we might pass on that one then thanks we will find something else :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.