Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi, i was going to book this hotel until i read the reviews and i must admit they have put me off so changed hotels now, I too heard that it was first choice who pulled out :think
Does anybody know how much the air conditioning is and is it free if you are half board?
Also does anybody know how much a safe is to hire, thanks.
Have booked to go to Antique Palace next summer and am getting increasingly worried about the bad reports that people are posting about the place. Any advice from anyone would be great....shallI change hotels? or stay where I am?..........................
Lindaboogie1,

There's only two, but have you seen member reviews on the Hotel Review section? While member reviews are very helpful and informative when making decisions, you have to bear in mind you often only get reviews when there's something to praise or complain about. You do get a feel for things though if everything is negative and nothing positive!

Darren
Hi Lindaboogie1,
We have just returned from Turkey and stayed at the Club Anastasia for the 2nd year running and it's a great place to stay, whilst there we got talking to one of the team who was telling us about the terrible service at the Club Antique Palace, we had got onto the subject as we stayed there ourselves the first year it opened in 2004. He mentioned that one time the lift had broken down and the reception staff whom are very rude told a elderly person who had walking difficulties to sleep down stairs on a sunbed as he couldn't climb the stairs :yikes, he mentioned alot of other things too. Obviously this is all hearsay but, I do beleive what he said from other comments I heard whilst there, and to be fair he had nothing to gain from calling the hotel.

Sorry if I have put you off but I wanted to be honest with you as holidays don't come cheap and if your like me I tend to save the whole year to have and enjoy a great holiday. :sun2

Best wishes
Claire
We have booked the Club Antique palace in August and after reading the reviews we are quite concerned about the hotel. Has anyone been there, we are bed and breakfast for two weeks and some of the reviews talk about four people being crammed into one room and not apartments!!!!
Hi we stayed here in september 09 and we had mixed feelings about it. Our room was fantastic we were in a hotel room which was cleaned every day however the shower was a bit grubby. However the same cannot be said for some of the people we met there as one of the rooms we saw the sink was hanging off the wall and the place was just a mess shower over flowing no hot water etc etc. The hotel itself is brilliant 3 pools slides and everything was good apart from the staff some of them were very pushy always wanting you to eat in the hotel at dinner time and on an evening it was like trying to escape from a POW camp. Personally i would not stay there again just down to the fact that a couple of staff members were appauling some however were brilliant always wanting to help. Hope this helps
PS. you will be in a hotel room and not an apartment if your B+B.
we stayed here in july/august 2008.
apartments ok, ours was quite spacious.
the self catering facilities were abit ...now how can i put it......basic! one ring, one kettle, toaster...but only one socket.
the pool area was good, our kids had a brill time.
yes it was a bit like 'running the gaunlet' to escape out to eat elsewhere in the evening, but to be honest we took it as a challenge to get away.
good place to eat: Amadeus bar (great staff and great food) they still send us a christmas card.

we liked the area, lots of little shops to pick up a bargain.
close enough to Marmaris to be able to hop on a dolmus and go, but far enough away to have some quiet time.

i'm sure you'll enjoy your time there, but go with an open mind and don't be influenced by other's opinions too much (easier said than done eh?)

Happy holidays

Sandra x
:hols
Does anyone know anything more about this? There are some bits and bobs on a couple of other forums.

Apparently the bailiffs were in on Saturday and removed furniture, beds, aircon units and tvs etc. Some people have been moved to other hotels.

My brother is due to fly out next Saturday and us next Sunday. He's booked via Direct Holidays who are denying all knowledge of course. We're booked with Thomas Cook via airmiles and waiting on an update from Airmiles.

Would appreciate any info. Thanks xxx

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
We stayed in Club Antique about 3 years ago, to be quite truthful I would never go back, The pool area isnt, very big, and we found that all the deck beds had been bagged before breakfast, if you pay the poolboy he will put your towels on the beds for you. We had murder with the management, the doors did not lock securily,there were gapping holes all around the door, the safe was a farce, because it was not secured to the floor, we had to pay extra for this, and any body could have walked in and picked up the safe, we tried to book the room until 10pm on our last day but they wanted 36 pounds each, to do this, so our luggage was left in the foyer where any body could have taken it.

Every night when we went out we too had to fun a gauntlet of staff trying to makle us stay. The entertainment was mainly for kids, and every night was the same. The staff were friendly enough, until we started complaining, our room was cleaned only twice in a 14 day visit, and we found that if you wanted your bin emptied you had to put it outside your door, the clean towels were non existent, we had to go to reception to get ours. If you don't have a shower by 5pm then you have no chance of getting hot water, because they rely on the solar panels for hot water, once that is used you have to wait for the next day. The showers were grotty, full of mildew and fungus. The beds were like the palasies that some hotels put on the deck beds, we ended up buying two single airbeds, because the beds were so grotty uncomfortable and full of stains. Take your own toilet paper because after you have used the one roll that they put in the toilet, they will not renew it, One roll is for your entire stay.

They told us that the hotel was due for a major refurbishment, this was why we had such grotty beds, there was a sticker on one of the mattresses dating to 20 years ago. I don't know whether they had the refurbishment, but it truly was needed. The food had very little choice. We would have been better off just having the room or B&B because there was more food choice if you bought it off the menu not what was supplied in buffet style, you have to pay extra for boiled eggs in the morning the staple breakfast is toast and jam, or rolls and jam. If you ordered a full english breakfast it cost more than one of the cafes outside. We paid for every drink that we had at the time, because a lot of people were complaining that things were added to there bill, on days that they wernt even in the hotel, they had gone out for the day. We were glad to get out of there and we went through Thomas Cook. If they have had the refurbishment I wonder if that included the hotel manager, because all he did was hide behind the door, he wouldnt listen to your complaints, on our last day, we had every member of staff coming up too us to say goodbye, staff we had not even seen before, this is because they wanted a tip. We didn't bother tipping not even the cleaning lady because she only cleaned the room after our complaining to the management, The cleaners seemed to spend all there time sitting on the back stairs smoking.

Oh I could go on writing about this hotel forever, it was sub standard, and who wants to spend every night watching one of the staff making things out of baloons we complained to the rep, and we didnt see him again, all we got off him were notes shoved under our door whilst we were out, . And just before we left the rep put a letter under our door asking for us to fill out a form saying that we were satisfied with the hotel and his services, there wasent enough room on the paper for my reply. Never again.

I forgot the safe we had was 12 pounds per week, and the airconditioning 40 pounds per week, we paid for the air conditioning for the first week but it hardly worked, and we couldnt get our money back, If you are self catering you have to pay extra for a toaster, it worked out cheaper buying one, if you are not self catering, they take the kettle out of the room, we had to hider our travelling kettle, because they confiscated it if they saw it. If you want a kettle in the room and you are half board or B&B they will give you a hire charge of 6 pounds per week.
Sorry Daz, I'd posted that under a separate topic as I thought it could have been serious enough to warrant a topic of its own.

Anyhoo, have had an update from Airmiles (who are absolutely fantastic btw just in case anyone ever thinks about booking through them!). They spoke to Thomas Cook who confirmed the problem was as I thought, however, it only affected one block and has been put right since Sunday night. They have had reps at the hotel all week and the problem is definitely rectified and is not expected to be repeated.

There has been notes put on my account to confirm what they said and Airmiles have confirmed that if any problems arise while out there they will ensure I'm moved immediately. Contrary to what my brother has been told by Direct Holidays (who are part of the TC Group) apparently they have no knowledge of any problems. Amazing how customer service can vary really.

Tomitma, thanks for your review, I'm sure I read it on another site. Ah well, its booked now and nothing I can do about it, so might as well go and make the most of it. :cheers
This has really worried me. I am booked to on th 15th August with my two children and now have concerns that we might not even have a bed to sleep in. I will be watching this topic with great interest.....
hi i know most of the staff here from back in the day when they were in icmeler,yes they wil persist in trying to get your money at the bar,but a simple no thank you we have to meet friends will suffice also try my brother/sister/mother lives in marmaris i have to go and visit them.there is an english girl called layla working there she will be more than pleased to help with any problems.if its a quiet holiday you are after then you have booked into the wrong hotel,the night entertainment is good if a little cheesy and the staff on the whole are fine im sure you will be pleasantley suprised,although i would recommend you try a couple of meals/drinks round the pool just out of politeness.did you book your holiday through a major company i.e.t*****sc**k if so dont worry about the room you will get the priority rooms sadly thoose of us who book via budget internet firms get the budget rooms but then with the prices that they charge you cant expect a penthouse remember this is turkey not a european resort.any complaints just seek out layla i am sure she will be very helpful
Thats reassuring Idris, thanks for that, as I am booked via Thomas Cook (third party via airmiles).

Do you know if there are toasters in the apartments?

I always eat mostly in the hotel anyway, but will be leaving a few nights at least for variety and to meet some friends who are staying at Club Julian.
cant comment on the rooms been for lunch a few times visiting some of the staff food very good,if you have friends at club julian you have your get out pass,try however to have an evening there it is fun if you can convince your friends at club j to join you even better,i know it seems silly allowing hotel staff to dictate where you spend your money just to keep the peace but if you only have one meal out of courtesy i think you will be ok its just the turkish way unfourtunatley.have fun im sure you will dont forget to post how you found it.
Could anyone shed any light on this matter, because it has been mentioned on this forum and others. Me and my family are due to go to Club Antique Palace on the 14th July and feeling somewhat worried with what we have heard. The bailiffs I believe have come in and removed beds, air conditioning and furniture. On one forum a person has even posted pictures of wires hanging out of the wall bed and furniture removed, in fact the bailiffs made them wait outside whilst they removed the items as it was their room.

Any information would be much appreciated. :think
Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
I am due to go to Club Antique palace on 14th July and have received 2 texts from separate people mentioning bailiffs, I have contacted the company I have booked with and am waiting for a reply.

I have been this hotel before and had a great holiday, bar staff where great and the food was to, they have a different special on every night. you can get a dolumus right outside that takes you into the centre of Marmaris, which costs buttons. The entertainment in Marmaris is the same where ever you go and by the end of your holiday you do get a bit sick of it, but there is always something else to do.

The hotel staff do harass you to eat and drink in their hotel, but who doesn't when you go to Turkey.

If any forum members have any further information could they please post it.
My bro is going out on Saturday and I'm going out on Sunday so I'll post when I'm there and let you know if everything is ok.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.