Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Hi Graham....... Thankyou for the welcome

I have been a member for quite a while on holiday forums and done a few reviews on Maldives -- I just lost my password for my previous account so just re-registered.

Yea, I been to the official Riu site and seen all the details on there, not really much to go on as the pictures are artist immpresions only --- I have found 1 review of the hotel on another holiday review site with a few pictures that someone had taken during there stay (but only 5 pictures). With it only been open 12 days so far there is not that much info on it and I am hoping that soon more pictures go up.

The main reason for my post was to enquire if anyone had visited Marrakech in February before and what we could expect weather wise (just so we know what to pack in our cases....... Would it be sunbathing weather -- or pack a fleece weather... lol)

Anyway thankyou again in advance
Daza (my old posting login)
Hi Dept , I have just had 4 nights at this hotel and it is brilliant, good food, lovely rooms and the pool area is amazing, although the pool is freezing :really anything you would like to know just ask, I think the price is brilliant too :tup
Hi Shirley .... I hope you had a great time.

Just a few questions if I may:

What kind of weather did you have - Was it warm enough to sunbath - or was it cold ?
Do the bathrooms have a bath or just a shower ?
Riu hotels in DOM REP have a free minibar and drink optics within the room - is it the same here ?
Was there much to do in the daytime / and also nighttime with regard to entertainment ?
Is there much to do outside of the hotel ?

I have seen a few pictures of the pool area and outdoor seating area and it looks amazing.

Thankyou in advance
Daza
I have just had 4 nights at this hotel and it is brilliant, good food, lovely rooms and the pool area is amazing

Hi Shirley :wave:

Any chance you could help others by being the first person to provide a short (or long) review of the hotel :?: http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/morocco/marrakesh/riu-tikida-palmeraie-hotel/

Thanks
Graham
Dept-PB aka Daza have you looked at the Weather Underground for weather info, they have lots of historical as well as current weather info http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Marrakech&wuSelect=WEATHER

For your info Daza, admin will revert your HT account back for you :tup

Graham
Will do a review very soon :tup

Optics - no :cry just bottled water in fridge

Weather boiling - absolutely hot, hot, hot :)

Bathroom - bath and shower

Entertainment - we go to the souks everynight (shopaholics) but there was a show everynight and some sort of aerobics, bingo etc in day

Nothing in the immediate area but there is a free shttle bus to Jem el Fnaa (big square) - fascinating, Thomson organise lots of excursions too.
we have just booked here for august next year,never had an inland holiday before but went to turkey this year and never really went to the beach so just hope our 15 and 14 year olds wont be too bored,gonna do a few trips and get the train to casablanca...
hi shirley v - just read your comments on the riu tikida palmeraie. did you go in december? we are looking at the first week in december this year and are not sure if it will be warm enough ( we usually go to goa in feb and know it wont be that hot!!) we have a weeks holiday to use so would like a short flight somewhere warm and would like a change from the canaries/ sharm.
thanks
Just booked for this hotel - May 16th next year. Never been to Morocco before so any advice would be much appreciated.

I have heard that the euro is widely accepted - is this so?

Many thanks in advance. :cheers
We have booked a family holiday at this hotel in August this year. Any helpful tips would be appreciated.

Dawn
Do you mean the Riu Tikida Palmeraie in Marrakesh?

SM
'Sir' and I stayed there last May - we loved it. The staff were great, couldn't do enough for you, even to the extent of making my favourite cocktail which is not on the list.

No problems at all with the food and the champagne brunch on Sunday really made me smile. Go to the Manager's reception because you get to put faces to the jobs - if you know what I mean.

The room we had was spacious, clean and had a lovely view of the gardens from the patio.

'Sir' wants to go back next year and I have no reason to disagree with him!!
Thank you for the reply - sounds a little more promising now.

Kind regards
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.