Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Do you happen to know if this is anywhere near the Gemelos 20 apts., ? I think they are somewhee near the Rio but not sure, we stay there in October.
As far as I can figure, the building work is uphill from Rio Park. Gemelos 20 are more than a block downhill from the other side of Rio Park. The side of the Gemelos 20 buildings that face that direction is the "blank" side where all the corridors are, the balconies and pool areas are the other way, towards the sea. I doubt if you'll hear anything. (Well not from that site anyway, there are always plenty of others around :lol: )
You can't hear building work over the noise the binmen make anyway!
Thanks for the reply Colin. :)
Hi does anyone know wether this work also effects the Flamingo Benidorm as I gather it is across the road from the Playa.I have booked for Christmas so I'm getting a bit worried:)

Regards
We stayed at flamingo benidorm at the start of august their was some work going on in front of the flamingo playa diggers moving earth etc but i would not say it woke us in the morning although the sound was audible thoughout the day at times
Oh no!!! I have just booked up for Rio Park for next July.

I got my friend to go check it out while she was staying at the Flamingo Benidorm and she told me about the land at the side of the Rio being flattened and that there was a bill board up advertising new apartments.

Thomsons certainly never mentioned it when I booked. Wonder how far they'll be on with the work when I go.
Hi joolz ... if construction isn't finished by next July, then hopefully the developers will be adhering to that by-law which prohibits construction work during July and August.

David :wave
Fingers crossed, or Ill be :evil:
It looks like the building work will be going on in December should I change hotels? I have checked with the tour company which isn't Thompson who claim to know nothing I have to ring tommorrow.I have also emailed the hotel and I am still waiting for a reply. Half of me thinks as it is December we will have the Xmas holidays which I hope they will not be working and it's not like it will be warm enough to sit by the pool.
Advive PLEASE!!!!!!
from what i have seen when iv stayed in benidorm previously that the building work on these hotels last around 2 to 3 years they dont like to rush!!!
Does anyone know what is being built on the plot of land behind the Rio Park - apartments or hotel??? When we were there in September, they seemed to be digging out the fottings. What sort of progress is being made, and are we likely to be disturbed by building noise when we go out in December??

EDIT: Merged with existing thread
David HT Mod
Apartments or hotel, there is apparently a bill board showing picture of the expected building. We are heading there in July which worries me. However have been advised by admin that following meetings with Beni Council and Thomsons work hopefully not permitted during summer.

Keep me posted if you hear or see more in December, hope you holiday not affected
I was in the Rio Park in August and I thought it said that it was residential apartments that were going to be built. I'm probably wrong right enough, could see the board from our balcony though and I thought that's what it said.

Karen
Also digging up in Plaza Constitution at the moment too!

Best Regards - Taggy :)
I've just received a letter today from Thomson letting me know of the building work going on behind the Rio park, I go in May, my parents went for Christmas and New year and went and had a look for these building works and told me that they shouldn't represent any problem or spoil the enjoyment of the holiday.
There are 2 edificos apartamentos being built on the land near the Hotel Rio Park, both expected and approved to have 31 floors each.
They were originally going to be called "Torres Europa", but I believe they will be called "Torres D'Oboe", 1 & 2 respectively.

If you full zoom into the link below, you will see the Hotel Rio Park with the land in question.
Just to the left of the green arrow which is pointing out Calle Kennedy, you will see 2 buses on the road, above the blue bus is the billboard in the corner of the land advertising the project.
CLICK HERE

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
We are staying in the Alpha Apartments that are on Calle Kennedy in July do you think this will effect us then? :?
We are staying in the Alpha Apartments that are on Calle Kennedy in July do you think this will effect us then

It shouldn't, quite simply because the local by-law stops work on construction during July & August near hotels that the main TO's clients stay in.

The Hotel Rio Park is a Thomson only hotel near this construction and we all know the clout that Thomson have. :wink:

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Thanks for putting my mind at rest, first time in Beni and so far ever since I've booked things keep going wrong I thought this was going to be the last straw!! Thanks again - Dawn x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.