Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Does anyone know if the Spainish have time off over easter?

Yes, there should have been no construction work during Semana Santa (holy week) (this week)
Good Friday and Easter Monday is a bank holiday and work should start back to normal on Tuesday....although the schools do not go back until the following week.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Thanks Sanji
We're there until Thursday so I'm sure we'll survive 8)
Work started up again on Tuesday last week but we weren't really bothered by any noise.
hi i am due to go her 19/5 with airtours. I recieved a letter stating that there is building work going on 200 m away from hotel!

Could anyone clarify what type of building work going on and if it will affect holiday

have been here loads of times where is it actualy they are building
Hi Helen

I have merged your post with our topic on construction work in Benidorm, although I can't see your hotel mentioned.

You may find some information in the hotel topic HERE

We received notification from Globespan that there will be construction work near the Rosamar Hotel when we go in August. When I called them about it, I was told that there is another hotel between our one and the construction and that all the outside work has been done and it will only be the inside of the hotel they are working on.

luci :wave
Helen and Lucy.
I'm gonna try and cover all here....

Near the Rosamar they are building two tower blocks called Gemelos 26...they are just about to "top" the building with the last floor on ONE of the buildings...the other one is halfway up...30 odd floors each, but I'm talking about the framework/shell and concrete floors of the buildings, there is a long way to go yet...and there is no way they will be completed this side of Christmas.
Depending on the noise level down the street.....you may also hear the work taking place opposite the Ocas.....
I have taken photos today of Gemelos 26 and will post when I get back on 5th May

Opposite the hotel Ocas/Pelicanos they are building a 40 floor luxury apartment block, with the first 12 floors being a 4* hotel.

Next to the Rio Park they are building two residential apartment blocks, which will be called Torres D'Oboe one and two respectively.....30 odd floors high each

I've taken photos of the situation opposite the Ocas today as being Sunday there were no workmen around ....they don't like people taking photo's because of reasons which I cannot say on this forum
The site is all fenced off and is quite difficult to view, but where there's a will there's a way :wink:
I shall video the site later to get the noise level....

We are going up to the Rio Park later this week to take photos of the situation and see how far they have progressed.

Finally, as this computer is eating my euros.....if you look in the Pelicanos/Ocas thread on page 16, I posted a link from the skyscraper site with photos taken opposite the Ocas on November 5th 2006.....
Looking today, they have not progressed very far at all, infact the photos I have taken today, look identical to the ones taken in November....

Sanjiiiiiii
Following is a guide line to what to do if building works mar your holiday:-

[code]2.5 Where a Principal becomes aware or ought reasonable to have become aware of building works which may reasonably be considered to seriously impair the enjoyment of Travel Arrangements he must, without any undue delay, notify Clients of the situation, provide them with accurate information about the extent of the building works and offer them the opportunity to transfer to alternative Travel Arrangements of the same or higher standard, at the price of the original Travel Arrangements. Where the alternative constitutes a significant alteration to the Travel Arrangements in line with Clause 2.2 of this Code, the provisions of that clause are to be followed. Furthermore, he must ensure that all the prospective Clients are alerted to the situation.[/code]

If your Tour Operator notifies you too late for you to change your holiday then write to them asap and send by recorded delivery keeping a copy for yourself. State that you are accepting the holiday 'under duress' and are reserving the right to pursue a claim for compensation should this building work mar your holiday.

If you find yourself on a holiday which is being marred by building works then collect your evidence.

1) Report the matter to your rep and fill in a complaints form. Keeping a copy for yourself.

2) Take photographic evidence (using a separate roll of film - not one containing happy holiday snaps)

3) Take camcorder evidence - especially if noise is a problem.

4) Collect names and addresses of other holidaymakers who are complaining.

For up to date information regarding worries about building works contact Ros Fernihough, travel law solicitor, for free advice on 01922 621114
The Torres D'Oboe development is going to be THREE blocks in all. Two right behind the Rio Park and one across the street (Lerida?) and back a bit, right in front of the Flamingo Playa.
Can anyone tell me if the building work behind the Rio Park is having an impact on the Paraiso 10 Apartments as we are due to go there at the end of May, and so far Thomson have not informed us of any building work which may affect our holiday!!!!!!!!!!! :tut
Here are some photo's that I took whilst in Benidorm last week.

These photo's show the Gemelos 26 towers which are near to the Hotel Rosamar.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3390/rosamarjt2.th.jpg http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2571/rosamar1ab5.th.jpg http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4405/rosamar3of1.th.jpg http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4999/rosamar2lw0.th.jpg

Click on image to enlarge...Thanks to Imageshack for hosting.

Sanji
Here is a short video of the situation opposite the hotel Ocas....taken on various days last week.
CLICK HERE

Sanji
Great video Sanji. I love the way you caught the pile driver echoing around the "concrete canyons" :lol: It reminded me of the firework parades they have, usually at some obscene hour on a Sunday morning. When you first hear them you think they are close. It's only when they really ARE close you realise just how loud the things are :shock: :shock:
Great video Sanji. I love the way you caught the pile driver echoing around the "concrete canyons" It reminded me of the firework parades they have

Thanks Colin, yes the noise does reverberate around the buildings, I once heard a firework go off some distance away ( for the Millennium) and I was stood on the beach in the Rincon area and you could hear it bounce all the way down Levante bay from wherever it had been lit.

Here is a short video of Poniente side of town, I suppose it will look good when it is finished. :wink:
CLICK HERE

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Hi Sanji, what are they building there, is it just outside the Vlla de mar ? looks like some road works, heading to that area on the the 22 May, staying at the Benilux Hotel, any info would be welcomed,, BTW, great videos, I look at them all.... :D :D
Snowey.
It's not just outside the Villa de Mar...it's all the way down to La Cala, starting from the bottom of Avda Jaime 1.
It's a project that is estimated to take a couple of years and of course costing millions of euros....where do they find the money from.? No don't answer that :roll: :lol:

They have brought in the Catalan architect Carlos Ferrater who has designed a project that will create a "wave" beach, a wider promenade and a park....
I do believe the road will be cut down to two lanes, with a "filter road" between, but don't quote me on that.
One thing for sure is that they will have to reduce the amount of traffic on that road if it is only gonna be one lane in each direction.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
We are heading to Rio Park in July so I'll be appreciative of your photos/videos Sanji, thanks.

When we 'sussed' it out in Oct '06 the building had actually started.
Here are some photo's that I took, but being Saturday morning there wasn't much action taking place.
Going in July then it should make no difference to you as the local by-law should have kicked in, which stops construction work being carried out near hotels that the major TO's have clients staying in....during July and August.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8290/doboecw8.th.png http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8388/doboe1wu5.th.png

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1757/doboe2su0.th.png http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/5558/doboe3rt4.th.png http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/231/doboe4vt5.th.png

Click on image to enlarge...Thanks to Imageshack for hosting.

HTH's :wink:

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
We were at Rio Park from 1st to 10th May and to be honest we weren't bothered at all by the construcition. We sat on the decking near to the construction every day and the noise was minimal. Had a really good time.

Many thanks to Kevin Shute for the great deal we had.
I'm currently at the Rio park now and my room is over looking the pool and if I didn't already know about the building works going on I'd have never known about them at all, they don't effect anything.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.