UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Thank you very much for your help
i have a chalet available for rent in North Devon. If you are interested PM me

or look here
http://www.croydechalet.zoomshare.com/1.shtml/Pictures
hi
one of our favourite places in devon is dartmouth - its absolutely beautiful!!! & so is the other village on the opposite side of the river -kingswear. theres loads of b&bs if you do a search under 'devon hotels/b&bs' & we found even in summer we found some good places at good prices. ( sorry ive tried to find where we stayed last time & cant find what ive done with the bit of paper).

well worth a visit whilst your down that way :D
Devon is better than Cornwall (in my humble opinion!) but Cornwall is still beautiful...in many ways Devon is not as spoilt as Cornwall (as a generalisation....I'm sure many people would argue with me tho!)
The South West is really opening up for UK hols, you no longer have to put up with motorway gridlock!! You don't say where you are coming from but if you from anywhere near London/South East then ryanair have cheapy flights to Newquay and there are airlines that fly to south west from gatwick too...why not take a nice short flight and then rent a car there...elsewhere in the country flights to Exeter are numerous with flybe, Leeds/Bradford, Norwich, Manchester etc.
South Devon is beautiful, especially Sidmouth, Beer and Seaton. In North Devon there are loads of lovely places to see and things to do, lovely beaches and fun things like the famous clifftop railway in Lynton and Lynmouth.
In terms of places to stay there are loads of lovely cheap places for self catering. If you want to stay somewhere really special the Brend group of hotels has luxury hotels throughout Devon and Cornwall.
Any more questions please post them. Sorry if my post is biased - I love Devon!!!!!
Sorry I obviously didn't read you post properly...you are from Blackpool...Devon and Cornwall is a long old drive but good luck if thats what you want to do.
In North Devon Croyde and Georgeham are lovely villages with pubs, in South Devon Beer (ha ha) has lots of nice pubs and quite an arty place.
Polperro in Cornwall may also be somewhere else to look into, proper village pubs there!!!
hi. I think if you choose Devon or Cornwall, you won't go far wrong. Don't think there is much in it to be honest! Same sort of thing, ultimately. Countryside, Coastline and laid back attitude.
Whichever you choose, I would advise against going to Newquay or Torquay though - you're from Blackpool and want to stay away from the tacky side, they are the mini westcountry versions of Blackpool. lol.
I am from Cornwall and most of my knowledge would be here, don't know much else about Devon, but for Cornwall, google some places like Looe and Polperro, Fowey, Tintagel & Boscastle, Mevagissey, and Polzeath & Rock.

have a nice trip, I don't think you'll be dissapointed whichever county you choose!
Kaytee x
HI yes i go along with what Kaytee has said, there are beautiful areas of both Devon and cornwall although we had the choice to live in either and went for Cornwall and have lived here very happily for 14 years now, I think we have it all here amazing beaches........I prefer cornish beaches to the ones in Devon to be honest, quaint and charming villages and a friendly atmosphere and we cant forget the best Pasties EVER!!

have a wonderful time wherever you choose.

Tina
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.