UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
If it's peace and quiet you're after, then I know that the Bulworthy Lodges are a great place to go. They are set in some woods and lakes, and are near to all North Devon attractions. There are some really good beaches nearby (Westward Ho! 15min, Instow 10min, Saunton sands 30min) too. There are about 15 lodges and they are really well equiped, and not too close to each other either. I think most of them have hot tubs too, and one has a sauna. I would definitely go back, and have reccommended them to friends, who have loved them too.
Catherine
Catherine

Thanks for that will have a look at that one

Butch
Hi, Check out this web site http://www.sunvalleyholidays.co.uk We stayed here a few years ago. It is located down the Mevagissey road from St. Austell. Close by is Eden Project plus you are within comfortable driving distance of Penzance, St. Ives, Truro, Newquay, Padstow & Falmouth. This is a nice quiet Campsite. Quite centrally located. Hope this helps, rather than going through Hoseasons.
hi, hoseasons, and possibly other operators, offer lodge type holidays at hengar manor, in north cornwall. Its a truly beautiful site, teeming with ducks, geese and other birds, which 'patrol' the lodges at breakfast time begging !!! The lodges are nice, but the one we had, had a totally crap cooker which may have been ok for a small party, but this was a lodge for 8-10 people, and we soon realised why there were only 2 saucepans - you couldnt use more than 2 rings, and you couldnt use them if the oven was on !
The main problem on this site is the RATS !!!!!!!!! If you walk past any of the numerous rubbish bins after dark, you can hear them scrabbling about and squeaking. Kick a bin and dozens of them run out !!!!
I kid you not .
They dont allow dogs at hengar manor because of the ducks, but a couple of jack russels would have had a great time. We wont go back, which is a shame as the site in daylight is really good.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.