Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Fuerte my favourite chill out holiday island been to Corra a couple of thimes but prefer the South Costa Calm and Jandia.
I was looking for a good variety of bars and places to eat. I thought Jandia had a lot of AIs so was avoiding there?
We've stayed a few times in Corralejo Fiona mainly because hubby likes the breeze there.

Have never stayed in Fuentepark apartments but heard good reviews about their locality.

We always hire a car as it's so easy to drive around the island as the roads are really good & extremely quiet. We've driven down to the South where Nick recommends & it's one of my favourite drives due to the sandy mountain approach. Sottovento is particularly beautiful.

I'm not that in love with Corralejo to recommend it not knowing your tastes as it's more Hubby's choice than mine, but if you let me know what you both would like from your holiday I'll try to be impartial 😂
We aren't too fussed as it's just for some sun before winter. I hope I like it though! Have thought about car hire.
Lots of bars/restaurants in Jandia Morro Jable mainly local onyl one Englisg pub. Less choice in Costa Calma but a grat chill out destination. wherether you pick I would advise getting a car and see other parts of the island.
Lots of restaurants & bars in Corralejo. It's not a late night area ie starts to quieten down around midnight. Waikiki bar on the beach stays open later.

If you're thinking of self catering then personally I'd book a private rental as you get more extras. We've booked this one but there isn't a pool & that maybe important to you :- HERE

We've booked it as never stayed in the old town end & thought it would make a nice change not walking down the main street every day 😂 Lots of Spanish restaurants just outside.

Will see if I can find a photo looking at location from the beach 👍
We have booked now. We won't be self catering apart from breakfast. Definitely looking for Spanish restaurants, rather than English ones.
Midnight is late enough for me. We head back for a drink on the balcony.
Lots of Spanish restaurants Fiona. If you fancy a change there's Indian & Chinese also.
If you fancy breakfast out there's also a bar run by a Scottish family who give you the option of tattie scone 👍
Ŕ
It would have to be a rowie !
Ok I give up what's a rowie 😂

Oh & they do square sausage as well 😁 We've had breakfast there a couple of times & it's always been nice. Freshly cooked & a nicely cooked egg, not frazzled which is a pet hate of mine. If I don't like the eggs I don't go back 😁
Glynis, a rowie (or buttery) is a particular sort of breakfast roll popular in the northeast of Scotland. The Doric answer to the croissant :-)

http://www.rowies.scot

If you want to have a go at making them here's a recipe:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/aberdeenbutteriesrow_92370

I find most a bit too salty for my taste but to many people from Aberdeen, breakfast isn't breakfast without a rowie!
I would actually never eat it for my breakfast- laden with calories- although they do taste very nice. Will have one very occasionally. To be honest, I can't be bothered with a cooked breakfast. On holiday we often don't bother with breakfast, or will just have a light one.
Thanks SMa I've learnt something new 👍 I probably wouldn't be a fan as I'm not keen on salty foods.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.