Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
cosmos
5 Posts
you could try getting stroppy a bit with the manager of the cosmos sales office [probably wont work but try this]

Are you the manager.. then i wish to complain about a flight change, you record all your enquiries don't you.. well if you listen to your tape of the [booking date] you will here my only reason for booking this holiday with you, was to get the upgraded Monarch flights, this is a part of my verbal booking conditions, for which you quoted me, WHY have you changed my flights??........ did you say operational reasons??.............. don't give me that, if the original flight times/days had changed ..that would be operational.. switching to a BUDGET charter flight is COMMERCIAL as you make more money on it.. so are you going to listen to the tapes and put me back on my chosen flight or are you going to compensate me.. and not with one of those stupid £10 cosmos vouchers..but substantially as you will have made a mockery of our special anniversary holiday..
Thank you for your quick reply. I have done as you said and have been told that Monarch may have reduced cosmos' allocation on that flight and that is why we have been moved. Nothing to do whatsoever with Cosmos!!!!!! Could put it in writing if I liked was the suggestion. - Trish
did you push the fact that it was the main condition they got you custom, get abit more stroppy and ask for the comercial manager or cheif executive... you wont get them but they will get the point... you may get a bit further
Just noticed that if you go to the Cosmos website, it now diverts you to the Monarch website, where it announces that in future its direct-sell holidays will be sold under the name of 'Monarch Holidays'. Cosmos name will still be used for sales via travel agents. See http://flights.monarch.co.uk/cnt/news/index.asp?hdlId=1284
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.