Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi,

Shop around.

Last June we where paying around E 2.50/E 3.00 euro for a glass of good wine. A good pint was around E2.50 to E 3.00 euro but only E 1.75 to E 2.00 if you where not fussy. Food was around 10-15 euro for a set meal such as chicken or steak. We found most imported spirits with a mixer expensive. There is a place called Mr Cod near the top of the main strip in Protaras and they where asking around E 8-10 euro for fish and chips. We used a salad bar for lunch on the strip for a big salad of your choice for 4 euro.

We love Cyprus but would only return either H/B or A/Inclusive next time.
Agreed with the above. We went least year and prices were not too bad. It is getting a bit more expensive but still, not bad. We were on HB which saved us dinner money but the food wasn't all that great!
A beer in a nice seaside place cost about 3/4 Euros and a nice meal about 10 ish.
I didn't think Cyprus was too bad last year, we were paying €2.50 for a pint of Keo, just got back from Barcelona and were paying €5.00 for a pint of Estrella or Sangria, now that was expensive.
For lunch we would just get a roll or salad from the bakery on the high street less than €5.00 for lunch + a couple of cans.
Something you must also consider is what time of year you go !

We went in April last year and it was out of season with not as much open, making less competition and not as much being sold. To cope with staffing costs and slow turn over you didn't see any deals (2 for 1 or free glass with meal etc). It also meant that some bars weren't making enough turn over to warrent putting a barrel on so were only serving bottles (€4 for a large bottle)... we were still happy as it was a different atmosphere and another kind of holiday compared to peak season.
On our return in August that year everything was open and competing with each other so meal deals and prices dropping where a pint was nearer €2....
Ta Everybody

So it looks like prices are more like France rather than Spain so I'll have to drink a little slower :rofl
I work in Pernera and the most you should pay for a local beer is 3 euros. Yes the imported stuff is more expensive but why spend money on it when the local beers are good.

If you take a walk or taxi into Protaras strip there are a couple of bar there selling Keo and Leon for 1.80 at present at least.
cardiff lad wrote:
I work in Pernera and the most you should pay for a local beer is 3 euros. Yes the imported stuff is more expensive but why spend money on it when the local beers are good.

If you take a walk or taxi into Protaras strip there are a couple of bar there selling Keo and Leon for 1.80 at present at least.

Ta Cardiff Lad

Where do you work
there's a couple of us HT'ers coming over the end of June so we are building up a thirst
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.