Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
goodness- I can't think of anything I was worried about. :)
As you can probably tell im a born panicker and like to know what to expect im scared of money spiders never mind huge ones etc do you think i will only notice these whilst in Uban i think his dad lives right out in the jungle?
Most places come with a ghecko on your balcony...bit too chilly inside for them if your room is air conditioned. These cute little fellows are good for catching little insects in the evenings and make a little chirping noise - we used to call them chit chats when I lived in Singapore.

You might see the odd monitor lizard. Seen hornbills and sea eagles in Southern Thailand and elephants up north.

We did bring a large spider (accidently) from North Thailand to the South. He had climbed in our suitcase and was about the size of a saucer, a little scary but I sorted him. But most of the time you won't see anything scary. Most hotels are very clean and insect free.
Not sure what sex you are Blimpy but if your male then I'd be more concerned about the ladies of the night rather than any creepy crawlies in Pattaya.
Most hotels have bug spraying programmes and spray their properties at least once a week.
I love the geckos chatting away and a unique sound of the tropics... you will see them scurrying away across the ceiling and walls of your room... don't be scared of them, they won't harm you and they are lovely.
Cheers Geri
Im female and love lizards so shouldnt be that much of a problem fingers crossed!
Maybe you should watch out for the tuk-tuk drivers wanting to take you to the gem shops :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.