General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I bought my crocs in Mexico in October and I haven't taken them off, they are the best thing since slice bread. Mine are blue (only colour they had in my size) and not the best looking shoe but they are fantastic, my 7 year old has bright pink and they are fabulous. They sell them in next and are about £30, but I think I paid about £10 for mine
I read about Crocs on another site and wondered what on earth they were. Looked at the "professional" ones for work, but they look too clumpy for wearing in an office.

Thanks for the info Glynis.

luci :wave
When we were waiting for our flight back home from Bangkok airport in February, we saw loads of French people all wearing what we thought were "plastic" clogs.........I now realise what the are........thanks, Glynis, but can't see me wearing them!!!!
Pat
:glynis
The flip flops don't look too bad actually. Nearly all of the colours were out of stock so I'm having to wait - must be popular.

They are so light I couldn't believe it when I picked them up.

Apparently a lot of doctors and nurses are wearing them as they are so comfy. :lol:
They sound great. Just ordered two pairs - one for me and one for my Mum as a Mother's day present (not seeing her till Easter as she lives in Spain).

As I will be heavily pregnant in the summer months I hope at lease now my feet will be cool and comfy!
Is it the Athens flipflops Glynis? They look really comfortable and not too clumpy.
My daughter works at a Vet's and they all wear them. Did you know that you can get little 'charms' to put in the holes? Not my thing but she swears by them and wears them all the time, not just for work.
Ooh thanks Glynis, they look just the job for holidays.

I stopped bothering taking nice shoes and sandals away years ago in favour of flip flops - but generally I've bought cheap ones that end up breaking mid holiday or I've had to have a few pairs. I think I'll get some!
Is it the Athens flipflops Glynis? They look really comfortable and not too clumpy.

Yeah the Athens ones. I wanted a size 6 in the pale blue/white but all the colours were gone apart from brown/green I think it was which I didn't fancy so am on the 'pending' list. :lol:
Crocs are the best thing since sliced bread. Your feet will thank you if you buy some.
I have 3 pairs, they are a god send on Holiday. You can wear them swimming in the Sea. At the end of the day you just wash them in the shower.

Ive started a trend in my Family, My parents now wear them as do 2 of my Sisters. I even convinced my Hubby to wear them, and now he wants them in another Colour :lol: :lol:
Just ordered mine,my usual day to day flip flops have served me well but now need to be cremated :lol:

Diane
PS I also find Flyflot sandals very comfortable for the evenings and dressy.
Those of you who have them, are the sizes generous or not?

I have to try things on and mostly I'm a five but sometimes a six, it very much depends on the style of the shoe.

Anyone help?
Sand like you I sometimes have to buy a six depending on style of Shoe. Crocs are quite generous though so a 5 would be absolutely fine. As I said I have 3 pairs and they are all size 5.
I have a pair of Fuschia caymans and black Mary Janes, both ordered from http://www.lookatmycrazyshoes.com. Delivery was really quick and they have an offer on, buy 5 pairs and the 5th one is free.
Thanks Elliebee, size 5 it is then.

I shouldn't really right now because I get paid mid month, which means another fortnight to go, and I had to fork out for new wing mirrors this week.

But they are a necessity aren't they?
Sand, Shoes of any kind are a necessity :lol: :wink:

You wont regret buying them I promise.
I think you could be right. And finding a shoe that I will wear constantly is a good thing for me!
My flip flops have just arrived!!! Didn't expect them for a while yet.

They are light (but most flip flops are) but feel really comfy especially round the heel area.
:pele
I am a huge Crocs fan! They are the best things ever for feet, ankles, knees, backs etc. I've got 5 pairs, all with Jibbitz (charms) and I love them. They keep your feet cool in summer and warm in winter. We went trekking in the forests in India and they were brilliant as they are very light and robust.

You can wash them in a weak solution of bleach or disinfectant - the blurb on them says they don't stain but they do. My purple ones are stained from the red dust in Goa and although it has faded you can definitely see it.

I can't speak highly enough of them, so much so that I have a pair of Aspens on order and will be getting a pair of of the Athens sandals!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.