Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
We will be in Es Cana from Sunday :)

I shall take on the burdensome task of checking out the beer and food prices in as many places as I can :cheers

Will post when I get back.

John.
I've heard that there aren't any ATM'S in Puerto Sam Miguel, Could someone confirm this. If so, i assume that people just take Euro's.

Thanks. Snapper
OK - Here's a quick rundown of the prices in Es Cana at the moment (all Euro)

Exchange rates - Cash would get you anything between 1.20 and 1.24 to £.
ATMs - a Euro cost 82p !

Beer - Apache bar was the cheapest at 1.50 a pint, a few 'spanish' bars around 1.80, and the bars with entertainment and hotels around the 3.00 mark.
Soft drinks - around 1.80 to 2.00 per glass.
Plenty of bars with Happy Hours - we used Seas Cafe a lot between 9 - 10pm as they wern't bothered by you filling the table at 9.55pm :cheers

Food - Sandwiches from 3 to 4 each, mains around 6-8, kids meals about 3.50 - 4.00.
Three course meals at a lot of bars/restaurants from 7.50 upwards.

John
i was out from 19th may till 4th june.i used my nationwide flex card.i have checked one statement saying i got 125 euro.so all i can say is get a nationwide card.
Hi Snapper

there are no ATM's in Puerto San Miguel. But there is one up in the village of San Miguel at the local bank. You can either get the local bus up to there or a taxi. Personally, we take our euros with us and some sterling too. There is an exchange shop as well as being able to change money in the hotel's reception.
Does anyone know trhe exchange rate in ibiza at the moment?

Thanks, belly
Can anyone advise what is best to do with the echange rate now, get euros here or change cash over there, is it best to take travellers cheques?
Thanks for any info

Rosie
Can anyone tell me if there are any cashpoints in Cala Llonga.?? thanks.
Hi everyone, just need some advice. Im looking to take about £1000 spending money with me to san antonio in mid June for a week.

Is better to take a little bit of euros with me and then use ATMs or use local currency exchange? or exchange it all before i go? I dont really want to be taking it all in cash for obvious reasons but then dont want to get over there and get charged a large amount everytime i exchange or pay for something.

Im with HSBC which dont charge i hear, but i also hear Nationwide are good.

Any advise please?

Much appreciated.
Hi all

Does anyone know if the hotel you are staying offers money exchange do they charge more to change sterling travellers cheques than in some of the other money exchange places in San An Bay?

Any info appreciated
Thanks
HAS ANYONE RECENTLY CHANGED UP ANY MONEY IN CALA LLONGA, AND IF SO WHAT RATES ARE THEY OFFERING,
WHILE I,M POSTING THIS I AM STAYING AT THE MONTEMAR APPARTMENTS IN AUGUST AND AFTER READING THE REVIEWS I AM CONCERNED I MAY HAVE MADE A MISTAKE. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME INFO ON THE ACCOMODATION, ENTERTAINMENT, LOCATION OR ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT THE PLACE I AM STAYING.
CHEERS :que
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2009-06-24 13:36:53
    Admin edit - please don't post with your caps lock on - thanks
Keith

I think it is fair to say that Cala Llonga is one of the quieter resorts - having said that, there is a good selection of bars and restaurants. West End of San An it is not............

It is probably my favourite beach on the island and if you fancy a change during the day then boats call at the beach to take you both ways along the coast.

What makes you think you have made a mistake ?

John
keithyu2=please don;t use capitals.anyway the times i have been,you get a better rate when changing money.ok it might only be 2/3 euro more than other resorts .but every little helps.looked at a few sites and good veiws on this place.(This property may not be suitable for people with walking difficulties) thats the only bad thing they say.so long as you have somewhere to sleep wash rest ect.sending you a pm with a map ok.
Going on 2nd August, do I get my Euros here or take stirling & exchange in Santa Eulalia?

2 years ago in Majorca, we were getting about é5 more to the £

Thanx Mark
Here's a recommendation from another thread 'Cooked Chickens in Cala Lllonga'

Came out of mr cairos at god knows what hour totally hammered last year and headed straight into the sea - the wife were not impressed when i staggered back through the hotel soakin wet through in just me chuddies - but what a great night - the only bar that opens late if i remember right!

Decent entertainment and good drink offers - happy hour etc.

John
Hi

Just wondering about taking our spending money to Ibiza this year ( we normally go to Turkey!)

What is the best thing to do, take Euro Travellers cheques or Sterling ? does it work out better value to get all Euro ones, and get a good rate at home, or hope if you take Sterling the exchange rate will be better when you get there ?

Jenni
Hi Jenni ... I personally would never buy Euro Travellers Cheques, for the reasons outlined in THIS separate topic in our Costa Blanca forum.

David :wave
Here- didnt see one place offering more than 1.10 compared to the post office at the moment 1.13(Playa den bossa)

belly
Hi all,

I am slighlty confused ( doesn't take much ) lol

We are going to Ibiza in 2 weeks first time to the island.

What will work out best for us.

options are:

Take all sterling.
Take all euros.
Take travellers cheques and a couple of hundred euros.

We are taking £1500 for a family of 4 - full board hubby likes a few beers - but i am not a big drinker.

With the prices as they are i am assuming this will be enough?

Thank you for any advice offered.

Carol.

Where do you actually lose money? when buying euros/cheques or if you bring euros.cheques back to the uk.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.