Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Welcome Back
5578 Posts
Thanks Magsy - I too hope the cold goes quickly. I'm back at work tomorrow and I just can't face the unpacking and doing some washing. That's the worst part when you come home from a nice break.

:evil:
Hi All

I feel I know so many people on this site, even though I only joined yesterday. My partner Andy wrote on my behalf, and so I didn't get round to joining myself.

Fantastic that William had such a good time on his cruise. It makes it all so real to those of us waiting to go.

I am so pleased that we found this site, and ZDnet UK , as we hadn't realised the scale of the problem till then, and Watchdog probably wouldn't have contacted me to appear on the programme.

I know that I am so lucky that my cruise is all booked and sorted, and I trust that it does give hope to all those still waiting. Incidently, it is a double cabin that I have to myself... perhaps I can sneak Andy onboard in my luggage! :wink:

We wait to see what happens next, regarding this site.

Love Kay
tried to access ZDNETuk to see where this link went what do i do wrong it didnt seem to relate to cruises???10 headings but i dont think i did right...
Try this link and then scroll down. This is not the best set-up forum but you can navigate around it with a bit of practice.

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/talkback/?PROCESS=show&ID=20027219&AT=39165536-39020342t-10000016c
Trisantona,

I found it a bit like hard work navigating that site as well.......we`re spoilt on HT for functionality.

I am stuck with a 56k modem for a bit longer (No Broadband ot here as they have to wait for the Turnip crop to ripen before they can dig the trench!) so the ZNet site is too slow loading each page. Annoying that you have to open each link instead of scrolling down the postings like we can here.

(Just wiping brown ring off my nose!)
Tony
  • Edited by TonyW 2005-02-27 13:28:47
And do you find that the language on the Znet forum is a little more boisterous than on here? :)
boisterous

.....a carefully chosen word!

Yes.....if I were the subject of comments/criticism and I were to compare the way the two sites were moderated, then I should direct my attentions to the one with the most.....boisterous......approach. :D :D :D
Hi TonyW
I'm with you there! Not a date in sight and mostly anonymous postings too!
HT is the place for me too!
JENNIEL
Thanks for your lovely comments. Pity the old site is not in operation,as i told members,what lovely ladies you and your mum where.
How nice of you Magsy,to put the messages i sent you,on the site.Before it was shut down.I hope soon normal service will be resumed.

To all those who are still waiting to get a cruise.I hope your prayers,are answered soon,and i wish you well.

William.
Just had a quick look :tdown

no competition Van & Luci :tup :bow

Keep up the good work and hope the lawyer has a good laugh going through the posts :rofl
I originally found Znet before I found HT but didn't like it because of the anonymous postings and I couldn't see dates either.

I wonder whether it would be ethical to post on there and inform them of our new threads for lists of people who haven't heard or have £10 cruise etc.?

I see an anonymous post has told them of our problem with the closed thread..... someone from here? In fact I suppose we can be anonymous too if we choose to be ......am I really Allisu?????
thanks for link still couldnt find our cruises not user friendly to a novice .i,ll try again when back from paris. its nice to know that a query always gets answered you are a great lot o people now i.m off to see if i really did book a flight to paris...i just dont trust what i do..i.llkeep my fingers crossed .carol.
Hello all
I ve also had a nosy at the Zdnet thread. Beats me as to wots going on. the posts all look ancient apart from the last few. Earlier on there was the ht address in a post but obviously not too many have taken notice(i think) at least the address hasnt been doctored.
Enough wittering
Glad this thread has begun so nice to read the usual posters and get humoured.welcome back!
Hope it can continue without the fear of it being pulled and sorry to the mods just in case any of my earlier postings have caused any concerns.
like it was said earlier on at least the legals will have a good chuckle .
welcome back william and jenniel glad you managed to meet up

annj
I just looked at the ZD net as well.

Yeuch. No dates on any of the posts, and only a few names (mostly anonymous), but I notice that the **** telephone numbers are still prominently displayed, so it looks as though they haven't had to censor their site at all!

Why is HT being targeted in this way - it seems most unfair?

I shall definitely be sticking with HT from now on.

Graham

PS Van, Luci, do we get loyalty bonuses? Just a thought! :lol:

PPS Boisterous is a good word for their language, but is also a good word. I also like soliloquy.
HI ALL.
Even though i had a super cruise.I am still not happy,with the treatment,i received from you know who Travel co.
If i can find the e-mail they sent me before i left the UK.I would be very happy,to pass it on to the legal dept,as they where saying the flight/cruise company i flew with from Manchester airport were telling lies about flights from my local airport.
If you have to censor this Van/Luci,please do so.
William.
Hello William and welcome back, your trip sounds wonderful, great experience. Looking forward to seeing any photo's you and jenniel took. Only 16 weeks to mine but wish it was next week am really in need of a holiday not had one for 4 years. love patricia xx
HI PATRICIA63
Thank you.It was a really lovely holiday.Even more so when i met JennieL,and her mum.

LUCI.
If i want to add more to my cruise review,is it possible please.

William.
Hi William

You can't personally add to your cruise review if you have already posted it. However if you do want to add anything, post it for Van's attention in the Help & Assistance forum, giving details of where it should go:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=50

HTH

luci :wave
I found the other site before this, but only because Google listed it above HT :cry:
I am suprised though, how few of us have actually posted to say that we are still awaiting a cruise confirmation. I had expected to be in the majority, not minority. Does that mean then that we are in the last few still to be allocated cruises, and therefore can expect that special call shortly :wink: :?: I hope so!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.