Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Andy's Kay thanks for that . I for one will definately be watching tonight.

Dizzy
Thanks Glynis and Luci. I'll go for the second option since I was allocated Libya on 11th June but have heard nothing since.
Could someone please point me to link for Williams Cruise Review I cannot find it
Thanks Richard
Hi Richard

Go to the top of the page, click on Cruise Reviews then Thomson Spirit and you'll find it there.

HTH

luci :wave
Good Afternoon all you lucky sailors :ghug
The good ship Balcony Cruise sets sail just as soon an I warm up my hands to open the box, (Number 1 daughter is off the Birthday list) :sulk

Do you know how much these lamps cost ? the old one cost 7/6d I still have the box. and it was a pifco. :D :D :D

Luci Sorry for going over the top, :offtop I promise to slap my wrist just as soon as I get the mittens off :bhead. I promise to behave, or buy my own ticket to the tower. :wave :love :wave

I'm having a bit difficulty finding William's cruise review, but perhaps I'm still a bit befuddled by being so cold, when I left Nairobi it was 28 degrees at Heathrow it was 2 degrees.

I was informed that I would have a phone call within 14 days to re-confirm my sailing date, 23 days have passed So------ is this a case for the legal beagle :?: :?:

Off to T..... now for some Ring a ring

How long before I get on the tanker run ?

Byeeeeee

Phil Morris
Hi Balcony Cruises here, your freindly traval agent. :bow :bow

To Luci and Van big big sorry, I just found Williams review as well as Jenny's, shame about the family from Brum, there always seems to be a spoil sport in life.

Luckly T.....s are open till 10pm
So its time for teeeeee then hit them bells brother - before I book my train ticket for Manchester. via Timperley

Luci can I put photos on the site :?: :?:

Byeeeee

Phil Morris
Magsy - I agree with you, I'm so much happier to be doing the Melody's itinery than the one first offered!! I was probably going to stay on the ship if we'd gone to Libya. But everywhere the Melody is visiting sounds good to me!

Juliet
Magsy,
except of course for those who chose the mediterranean in the first place

Did anyone else get a choice? (not that it makes any difference now as we mostly all off to the Med!).

I was told I had been allocated the Med and when I asked how the allocations had been decided I was told a computer had randomly decided who should go where.

Maybe I didn't get to choose because I never got a response at all to sending in my vouchers even though they were sent special delivery and I could track this with P.O. (I must have had a premonition!!). I never had to send in a form with my credit card details.

It's a miracle I have got a cruise at all!
Alli
Poor Alliisu, form problems first and then those nice active people on your cruise!
I originally chose the Mediterranean and duly received a Mediterranean itinerary. I hadn't realised it was a form of lottery!
Well I asked for months of March April or May (2005) and was given September 2005. Changed now of course, due to lack of single cabins, hmm!!) but I do not recollect a choice of destinations at all. Was originally offered Caribbean but now waiting and hoping and seeing what is offered. Just referred to old clippings from DE June 11 2004. "Each cruise will be allocated at random" which seemed fair.
Chris J.
Actually I must confess that I was really glad that I did get allocated the Med as I wasn't sure about going to SA or the Caribbean alone (that was before I found HT!). Plus don't like flying much so a short flight is preferable.
going to watch Watchdog now.
I was atcually offered my allocated date (12th June Libya cruise) was offered 12th June with MSC for both the £10 cruise then the upgrade to the Armonia. I asked if it was possible to go later as I work in education and have students til end June so was really pleased to be offered 3rd July

Alison :D
Well, we know what to do now - contact the paper. The problem is that I have already done that several times!

I don't think anyone can be going to Libya as I was informed from the office that they are no longer using that cruise line.

Maureen H
Am I miising something here ? The main £10 cruise thread seems to have vanished ... Help !!!!
Hi Tonyathome you need to look under cruises Daily Express/Rise Travel http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24243, it is upto 10 pages long, you will get the gist from the post about what has occured. You also need to post in 1 of 3 forum's that Van has set up at the top of the cruises forum, for the HT lawyers.
We live in hope that our beloved posts will return.
Dizzy
I don't know about you, but why did I bother to watch Watchdog. Apart from telling us that the 3 participants had now received their bookings, all they said was that a further 1000 people had contacted them and to get in touch with the Daily Express. They could have told us that last week!!!!!

Dizzy
Maureen H - have you checked your pm's?

Having listened to Watchdog tonite, guess i will be on the phone to the newspaper tomorrow, do you ever get the feeling your going round and round in circles :roll:
missed watchdog as we had a different time in Scotland, what did they actually say us cruiseless people should do ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.