Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
HI VAN.
No need to tout. The Spirit cruise ship,is just as good as people have written.Except for one review.
William
I've just been browsing through some of the 'old' pages and noticed a discussion between Patricia63 and William71 (page 220) about the inconsistency of pricing on this promotion.

It's absolutely true. I was offered a supplement for the Opera at £149.
When I rang back, I was told it would be £210 (I think). When I queried this, I was given the explanation that prices are charged according to the market.

I can understand a company having problems and needing to change itineraries, for example, but it's this arbitrariness that annoys me. I feel that there is no security until you are actually on the ship. I just hope we all do as well as William.
hi everyone,
has anyone else seen the new site from glenys asking if anyone still has the original advert with the t and c's as the lawyers NEED it.
having , i think, got to know you lot, one of us must be a very organised ,
on the law of averages,
come on magsy, even if you do not have it, you will know someone that has
love kate
stupid me,
it is GLYNIS and the heading of the site its COPY OF T &C,
kate
willaim, we are still waiting for the photos....
Cruiser,
How are you managing to read the 'old' posts? No one else can find them.
HI KATE.
Hope to get my photo's back on Thurs.Then get some advice on how to show them.Will have to censor them first[LOL].
I'm just now coming down to earth after last week.
William
hi william.
no censoring allowed,!!!!!!!!!!! we have had enough of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the ones we all want to see are the ones of the singles meeting when they gave you free drinks............the image of the peter kaye sketch comes to mind .........
love kate
I think Google caches pages
Glenys,

I thought all the T&Cs had been posted on the Useful Links thread.

I've got a good-quality copy of the T&Cs, as well as all the promotional materials - but would probably only have time to post them (i.e. not scan them). I believe that there are variations in the texts of T&Cs.

I haven't got the set you could send away for - but assume that is the same as the full set published at the start of the promo.
Glenys,

I think the link to T&Cs on page 1 of Useful Links no longer works - but can you retrieve it?

Juro (old page 229) also mentions having full T&Cs and offered to make copies.

If you would like my copy, can you please send me a PM?

Has the lawyer seen the ex-employee's comment on T&Cs on p.3 of the Rise Travel Promotions thread?

best wishes,

Cruiser
Maureen asked:

How are you managing to read the 'old' posts? No one else can find them.

Yes, as Judith said, the major search engines have it cached - and as the pages have been withdrawn, they are likely to stay there for a long time. Unless someone takes legal action against Google, etc. (but, even so, the site may be 'mirrored' in other parts of the world!).

Also, I keep this thread open on my computer, so some of it is still there!

Have a look on Google, Maureen. Who knows what illegal info. you'll find!!
But remember to click on the cached versions. Otherwise you'll just get blank pages.
Are we allowed to quote from the withdrawn part?

If so, this comment from Gladys in October (on a Guy Fawkes sparkly HT page!) made a comment that had me wondering if she can foretell the future:

Sorry..don't want to spoil the excitement, but I just can't see that XXXX will be chartering a ship, or that everyone will be going on that route (Louis) to those countries on the 11th June.

I think they've just picked a route and ship out of a hat and plocked that down on the letter...I think their get out clause will be that if no availability they'll offer a similar date or route..this will give them time to look at availability nearer the time.
Wow Cruiser, That is spooky! Surreal even!
Kate12,

I know what you are talking about with regard to William's trip. His happy time sounds distinctly dodgy!!! I can guess what you are implying - and you could be right.

Look what I found when I looked for William71 on Google:

looking for a good woman whos looking for a good man

william71 From: Lower Hutt, New Zealand Age: 33

Im a tall stocky guy who looks a bit like a bouncer - a lovable rogue who is loyal to a fault and looking for love. Into the outdoors, eg, camping, fishing, hiking etc. and currently working on my first novel. Well educated, employed gainfully, reasonably well-travelled but would like to do some more with the right woman.

I bet Jennie can tell us a few tales about the adventures of the man with a bouncer's physique!!
:wink: :wink: Cruiser you are awful but we like you. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Dizzy
Hi everyone.
Well, surprise surprise 21 days today (yesterday now!) and I didn't get my call from Rise!
I phoned a Daily Express number but the lady was not at her desk. I left my name and number as per the recorded announcement to be called back as soon as possible, but didn't get a call from there either!
Still, I'm an optimist - I'm sure something will happen tomorrow (well, later today really!)
Had a Google browse - thanks for the tip, Cruiser! Didn't find all the pages, but will mess arround more when I have more time!
For now, 'nite every body - tomorrow is another day!
Newbie virgin here but have an interest in this site, for differing reasons.

HT have you thought of saying to **** go on then take legal action, then they will have to get THEIR lawyers to trawl through all 5000plus posts and they will then have to give you the links to the "problem" posters as evidence you can then remove/ edit the posts and hey presto problem solved, beg humbly and hope they withdraw the case, but at least you can draw it out as it would take them weeks to trawl through all that lot!!! just an idea i had whilst looking for this very informative post

bloody shame about the old post as i hadnt got all the way thru it.

This site has def got them shaking in their boots, but i dont see what ****'s problem is as they have admitted a "slight problem" and you were just expressing your views on this "slight problem". upset this amount of ppl and you got to expect some abuse. i think that **** should stand up and take it on the chin, admit they were wong (insert r in correct place) and take the hit.

anyone else agree??? :?: :?:
Hi there Shimmey69,

Newbie virgin here but have an interest in this site, for differing reasons.

Newbie virgins are always weclome (if hard to find :oops: ).

Please tell......what are your differing reasons?

TonyW
Has anyone had any luck as aresult of contacting the paper. I have E-mailed and left messages to two different people but am stillwaiting ....

Maureen H
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.